Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approaching first winter in a Zoe. The heater is feeble in eco mode which restricts speed to about 60 mph. Would driving without eco but using the speed limiter to keep down to under 60 mph be a reasonable compromise?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Yes that's what I've started doing now. Just watch the right foot too - otherwise you'll fly to 60mph, then regen a bit as you hit 60

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Stay in doors! It's warm and cozy, with tea on tap ;)

More seriously it is going to be interesting to see how some of these 'newer' EV's do through a cold winter.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Approaching first winter in a Zoe. The heater is feeble in eco mode which restricts speed to about 60 mph. Would driving without eco but using the speed limiter to keep down to under 60 mph be a reasonable compromise?
I am experimenting with setting cruise for 56 - but I have only being driving it a week. Driving at lorry speed also has the advantage that you can hitch a lift. But if desperate I put eco and a hat on. Any advice would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Stay in doors! It's warm and cozy, with tea on tap ;)

More seriously it is going to be interesting to see how some of these 'newer' EV's do through a cold winter.
I agree, it will be interesting to compare notes IF we get a proper winter this year.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
916 Posts
I like the throttle response of the Zoe in an overtaking situation or at a roundabout in non-eco mode..Consciously switching between the modes would be a pain when you needed that oomph..I'm considering using the limiter myself for the same reason!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Flooring the throttle will temporarily take it out of eco and restore your oomph ;)
I like the throttle response of the Zoe in an overtaking situation or at a roundabout in non-eco mode..Consciously switching between the modes would be a pain when you needed that oomph..I'm considering using the limiter myself for the same reason!

·
Registered
344 Posts
My Zoe went through her first winter without a hitch and I found that the heat-pump heating to be very effective.
While having breakfast I would start cabin preheat from the keycard whilst Zoe was pugged in to use energy from the house and on entering the car she would be frost-free and warm inside plus read to go.

I didn't use Eco-mode just kept the speed down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts