Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I know most are not using cars at the moment, but thought I would see what people think and if it's the same for others.

After purchasing my E niro last year I was getting 230 miles on 80%, running in eco mode, level 2 regen, with mostly 98% at eco driving and getting in the 4's mileage, so to speak. Over winter as per normal, it all dropped which is to be expected with the lower temps.

My query is, are the temps back to a level where I should be seeing the figures all rising again. Currently at 206 miles on 80%, which is what I have been getting over winter, just started to get into the 4's as in 4.1 or 4.2, over winter it was in the 3's. Still getting 98% eco driving and all setting same. Driving is the same currently, as I still have to work.

I would of hoped the gom would be climbing back to warmer temp levels.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The one thing that I have found with all cars, electric or otherwise, is that as you become more familiar with them, you stop treating them with kid gloves so much and fuel economy goes down. That said, yes they should be returning northward but to also be fair, the temperatures have not been excessive and there's been a cold easterly breeze blowing for a lot of the time in the last dry spell. Was seeing about 260 @ 100% in the winter, I haven't been able to give mine a run anywhere proper in warm weather to get a result.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Anyone with Solar PV is quite happy right now, but the air temperature is still on the chilly side. It's fine in direct sunlight, but quite chilly in the shade

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi All

I know most are not using cars at the moment, but thought I would see what people think and if it's the same for others.

After purchasing my E niro last year I was getting 230 miles on 80%, running in eco mode, level 2 regen, with mostly 98% at eco driving and getting in the 4's mileage, so to speak. Over winter as per normal, it all dropped which is to be expected with the lower temps.

My query is, are the temps back to a level where I should be seeing the figures all rising again. Currently at 206 miles on 80%, which is what I have been getting over winter, just started to get into the 4's as in 4.1 or 4.2, over winter it was in the 3's. Still getting 98% eco driving and all setting same. Driving is the same currently, as I still have to work.

I would of hoped the gom would be climbing back to warmer temp levels.
The GOM on most EV's (not Tesla) is based on recent driving, so if you have not been using it much lately it will still be basing numbers on your winter driving

1 - 5 of 5 Posts