Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have advice about which are the best wipers to buy for my Leaf 30?

I read that these cars only need to refill the rubber as is done in Japan but Amazon have poor reviews on the cheaper refills.

Is it better to buy a new set of Bosch?

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
761 Posts
Not sure about the 30 but I got my 40 wipers from the dealer, they are very odd shaped units.

Looking at them they were part of the wind tunnel design of the car, I didn’t fancy putting different shaped aftermarket units on instead and they were not particularly expensive.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,844 Posts

I read that these cars only need to refill the rubber as is done in Japan but Amazon have poor reviews on the cheaper refills.

I don’t know whether they sell them for the Leaf, but I found Vipa branded wipers from Amazon really good on my last Golfs.

I’d say they’re up there with Bosch.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Got me these bad boys from wiperblades.co.uk a few months ago. Been very pleased thus far. But then I know nothing John Mars!

1 x Aerotwin Retrofit Flat Windscreen Wiper Blade AR26U - View our fitting guide
Nissan Leaf Hatchback 2010 - 2017
Cost: £10.91

1 x Aerotwin Retrofit Flat Windscreen Wiper Blade AR16U - View our fitting guide
Cost: £7.83

1 x Specific Fit Rear Wiper Blade H250 - View our fitting guide
Cost: £5.56

Discount: £1.43

Delivery: £3.25 - United Kingdom Royal Mail Tracked 48®

Total: £27.55

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The wipers on the leaf are a replaceable blade system, you do not need to replace the plastic parts, just the rubber.

·
Registered
46 Posts

I looked at Bosch but instead just bought and fitted the genuine Nissan left, right and rear wipers from Glyn Hopkins online store:

NISSAN LEAF (ZE0E/ZE1E) BLADE ASSY-WINDSHIELD WIPER RH: Nissan LEAF (ZE0E/ZE1E) Blade Assy-Windshield Wiper RH | Official Nissan Store

NISSAN LEAF (ZE0E) BLADE ASSY-WINDSHIELD WIPER LH: Nissan LEAF (ZE0E) Blade Assy-Windshield Wiper LH | Official Nissan Store

They are a direct placement from factory fitted and have identical same aerodynamic plastic covers, looks the part and zero noise or streaking.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The wipers on the leaf are a replaceable blade system, you do not need to replace the plastic parts, just the rubber.

I ordered two sets of blades from this company a few weeks ago. Every one that I received was the wrong size. I've emailed them three times and have only had automated emails back. The reviews on TrustPilot show that I'm not the only one to have had problems with this company Wiper Blades-refills is rated "Poor" with 1.9 / 5 on Trustpilot.

I paid £33.70 for two sets of blades which appeared to be a bargain compared with the £63 the dealers wanted for one set of blades but it's not much use when none of them fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered two sets of blades from this company a few weeks ago. Every one that I received was the wrong size. I've emailed them three times and have only had automated emails back. The reviews on TrustPilot show that I'm not the only one to have had problems with this company Wiper Blades-refills is rated "Poor" with 1.9 / 5 on Trustpilot.

I paid £33.70 for two sets of blades which appeared to be a bargain compared with the £63 the dealers wanted for one set of blades but it's not much use when none of them fit.
Try Glyn Hopkin, first rate service for genuine blades.

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
I looked at Bosch but instead just bought and fitted the genuine Nissan left, right and rear wipers from Glyn Hopkins online store:

NISSAN LEAF (ZE0E/ZE1E) BLADE ASSY-WINDSHIELD WIPER RH: Nissan LEAF (ZE0E/ZE1E) Blade Assy-Windshield Wiper RH | Official Nissan Store

NISSAN LEAF (ZE0E) BLADE ASSY-WINDSHIELD WIPER LH: Nissan LEAF (ZE0E) Blade Assy-Windshield Wiper LH | Official Nissan Store

They are a direct placement from factory fitted and have identical same aerodynamic plastic covers, looks the part and zero noise or streaking.
They are a total rip off, but guaranteed to work I suppose.

However I would use Bosch blades from buycarparts.co.uk at a more sensible £8 each. It would costs £24 inc vat & delivery for one pair - so half the cost of the Nissan blades. (not that Nissan actually make them)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Is it just me or do modern wiper blades struggle to last even a year before they're suffering from streaking - even name brands like Bosch ?
Yeah, that's why I buy the cheapies, tend to last a couple of years and can't see any physical difference to say Bosch. More often that not a deep clean of the windscreen and wipers makes the biggest difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.