Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,873 Posts
EVs do not have to comply with OBD2 and can and do use manufacturer specific protocols and pids.
(OBD/OBD2 were designed originally to diagnose emissions related faults on ICE)

·
Registered
428 Posts
EVs do not have to comply with OBD2 and can and do use manufacturer specific protocols and pids.
(OBD/OBD2 were designed originally to diagnose emissions related faults on ICE)
Indeed, the fault codes that you might encounter from an EV will likely not be the sort of error that a scan tool that is designed for ICE vehicles would be able to decipher into a more human readable form.
The best scan tools are ones that explicitly support your vehicle. If it doesn't support the vehicle, it will just give some fault code (which you may be able to google), and the ability to reset that code.
I once had a scan tool that had just one function, to reset faulty airbag alerts on a BMW mini. Needless to say, such a tool would be useless on anything but a BMW vehicle (which had airbag warning lights on for no good reason other than a design flaw).

·
Registered
728 Posts
Kangoo probably not supported on a cheap generic reader. Ive used the icarsoft rtv1.0 on Zoes, fluences and Twizy so should work on a Kangoo. Not expensive, mine was around £100. Well worth it.

Are you having a particular problem?

Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kangoo probably not supported on a cheap generic reader. Ive used the icarsoft rtv1.0 on Zoes, fluences and Twizy so should work on a Kangoo. Not expensive, mine was around £100. Well worth it.

Are you having a particular problem?

Cheers
Great cheers . I have installed a cruise control kit by Conrad Anderson and it works perfect for sat stop start trips but if I leave it for say 4 hours , come to start the van and I get a fault “electric system check” error message and the can is completely immobilised until I remove the whole unit which then the van works again . Just like to see what’s going on and maybe a obd will help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts