Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried using one of the wireless CarPlay dongles? There are a few different ones available, but none explicitly mention supporting Nissan.

I’m tempted to just get one and see if it works. If not, maybe my partner could use it in her new Zoe :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I ordered a Carlinkit 2.0 adapter direct from China 10 days ago and it arrived today. I plugged it into the car and it just works. I'm a little bit surprised really.

This is the adapter I got: US $116.25 25% OFF|Carlinkit 2.0 Version Wireless Carplay Dongle Adapter Dongle Original Car Has Wired Carplay Buit in Wired to wirelss apple|TV Receiver for Car| - AliExpress

Once plugged in, you connect to the device using bluetooth (just the first time) and it connects to your phone and then... some magic Carplay stuff happens and maps, music etc just appear as if it was plugged in with a cable.

I have no idea how reliable it will be, but I'll post an update here in a few weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How are you finding the reliability of this device ? I have the same one and it sometimes doesn't connect unless I have the phone live in my hand rather than lock screen ie blank screen in my pocket ?

Also I find that sometimes I have to reset the radio by holding vol knob down for 15 seconds

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts