Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Definitely not wireless with the Ioniq 5 although it will probably will later in its product cycle, so that is another irritation. Was not aware the Niro had wireless ACP.
I recently read somewhere that it is coming with the 2022 update. Also, with the next Kona but for some strange reason will not be available with the optional, larger (12.3) Info screen.

Remember thinking at the time that this meant every likelihood that the EV6 will also have it, notwithstanding the screen size.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This still seems to be very unknown at the moment. We definitely get CarPlay and AA, but no idea if it's wireless or not. And even with the early reviews, I've not seen anybody mention it which makes me think it's something they've been asked not to talk about which then makes me think it's not wireless. But who knows.

·
Registered
39 Posts
All Kias with the latest wide infotainment system aren't getting wireless Android or Apple.... YET. The only Niro to get them is the lowest spec which has the small screen. Kia have told us they're still testing wireless Android and Apple for the wide screen.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Must admit I like the plug in CarPlay as it charges phone at same time. Although wireless charging might make that less attractive.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
106 Posts
I have wireless CarPlay in my Bolt, but I'm not overly fond of it. I find it drains the battery far faster then just the regular Bluetooth connection. And I'm not actually using it for anything. From the heat I feel on the phone case, it's causing something to run in the background even when I'm not using CarPlay on the car's screen at all. While it's convenient to use wirelessly, if I was going on a long journey I'd plug it into the car to keep it charged. Yes, my car also has wireless charging. But if I have to take it out of my belt holster to put it on the charging pad, I may as well just connect it anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had a Twitter message from Kia to say that the EV6 will not have wireless CarPlay or AA. Personally I find this really strange, as it is included in the cheapest model of the Kia E-Niro 2.
There is now wireless CarPlay/AA in any Picanto, Rio Stonic and Niro WITHOUT a sat nav too, as long as it has a touchscreen. I can see the logic behind it, makes it easier for people to connect when you’d have to use CarPlay/AA for a sat Nav ability.

But it still being in testing for the larger screens would make sense (even for the 10.25 inch screens). Also we have to consider the EV6 is the first model in the UK range with the 12.3 inch screen, so more testing for this one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.