Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else finding that the wireless charging is a bit unreliable? I find I have to place the phone exactly dead centre in the pad, and even then it'll drop out again periodically and I have to take the phone out and place it back in again.

Maybe it only works reliably if you don't have a phone case? I have an iPhone 12 with the Apple leather MagSafe case. Would hate to go without a case, but needs must perhaps? Maybe a grippier case like a silicone case would stop it sliding in there more and would help?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone else finding that the wireless charging is a bit unreliable? I find I have to place the phone exactly dead centre in the pad, and even then it'll drop out again periodically and I have to take the phone out and place it back in again.

Maybe it only works reliably if you don't have a phone case? I have an iPhone 12 with the Apple leather MagSafe case. Would hate to go without a case, but needs must perhaps? Maybe a grippier case like a silicone case would stop it sliding in there more and would help?
I have an iphone 11 with a silicone case and that is absolutely fine, no charging issues whatsoever. My wife's Samsung also charges perfectly. If your phone is charging when centred why don't you place something either side of the phone to keep it that way, would be cheaper than replacing the case.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an iphone 11 with a silicone case and that is absolutely fine, no charging issues whatsoever. My wife's Samsung also charges perfectly. If your phone is charging when centred why don't you place something either side of the phone to keep it that way.
Oh that's a good call! Yeah, I could probably stick some foam on either side. Might play around with that!

Though, if the silicone case works well, I might swap out my leather case for one of those first and see what that's like...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be worth trying it without the case for a bit just to prove the case is causing a complication.
Yeah, but to be honest I was toying with the idea of getting a different case anyway (don't like the colour I picked, and I'm vain enough to care... ha!), so I'm using this as my excuse to replace it, even if it's a flimsy and untested excuse! :LOL:

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
181 Posts
iPhone XR here in a ridiculously bulky “I drop my phone constantly doing renovation” case and it charges wirelessly every single time. I think given my experience with other chargers, it’s quite powerful/forgiving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts