Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Picking up our GTE very soon which is configured with the wireless phone charger.

I've been able to find next to nothing in terms of information or specifications on it.

Does anyone use it and how big is it size-wise? Suitable for phones in 2018? o_O

·
Registered
116 Posts
How does the size matter when it’s wireless?

I think, unless I’m mistaken, it’s situated in the cubby hole in front of the gear lever.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is indeed in front of the gear lever. Size matters because the phone needs to be able to sit flat on the surface - if the cavity was too small, the phone wouldn't sit flush.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies all. Well, might be a bit moot now, as I've just been advised the charger has been inexplicably bumped from my order!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the wireless phone charging option on my GTE and an iPhone 7. Just get a Qi wireless compatible cover for the phone and it works a treat. The Antye Qi wireless charger kit from Amazon provides a nice desk charging solution as well. If the phone is sitting on the GTE’s charging pad correctly and taking charge, you’ll see a message pop up on the infotainment system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for your replies all. Well, might be a bit moot now, as I've just been advised the charger has been inexplicably bumped from my order!
Same happened to mine. Car arrives will all the options apart from wireless phone charging! Seems like VW have an issue installing them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts