Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my E-Niro next week (ordered March).

I understand that it has a slot with wireless phone charging capability. Is the slot large enough for one of the new larger models (eg Galaxy S20 Ultra or iPhone 12)?

My reason for asking is because I previously had a car with a wireless charging slot but it wasn't big enough to fit my (normal sized) phone. That was a few years ago however, when wireless charging was quite new.

I presume (hope) that the designers are now keeping up with phone trends

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am picking up my E-Niro next week (ordered March).

I understand that it has a slot with wireless phone charging capability. Is the slot large enough for one of the new larger models (eg Galaxy S20 Ultra or iPhone 12)?

My reason for asking is because I previously had a car with a wireless charging slot but it wasn't big enough to fit my (normal sized) phone. That was a few years ago however, when wireless charging was quite new.

I presume (hope) that the designers are now keeping up with phone trends
In the demonstrator we took for a test drive last week it fit my wife's iPhone 11 Pro Max perfectly, so shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Samsung A71 that's the same size as the S20 and my previous S8+ fits perfectly. Only critism is that I keep leaving my phone in there

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't forget you need room to plug in a cable if you use data on the phone like Waze or Gmaps

·
Registered
91 Posts
It will just take an iPhone 8+ with a slim-fit case. That is, the phone will just lay down across the little shelf (its length across the car, not in one with it) provided you do not need to connect the cable to enable Car Play. If you do want to do that, of course the wireless charging becomes irrelevant!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fits my iPhone 11 pro max nicely but I did invest in a short lightning cable with a right angle connector. With a normal connector it’s a bit tight. I know it’s wireless charging but it’s not wireless CarPlay 😡.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't forget you need room to plug in a cable if you use data on the phone like Waze or Gmaps
That was a problem even for my normal sized Google Pixel 3 phone, and I also had to get a USB cable with a right-angled plug on it so that the phone could lie flat in the tray and have the USB cable plugged in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts