Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to feel that UVO is potentially hovering up massive amounts of data and exporting it out to Kia, for a massive real life "trial", where you're likely to get a massive number of diverse testers, who will drive and charge in all sorts of different ways.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Is that necessarily a bad thing if they use it to make improvements? And also surely no different to what other OEMs have been doing for a while? I've been using WeConnect for my Golf GTE for nearly three years now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I certainly don't mind data being used to ultimately create a better product. If it can alert at a diagnostic level, then even better. I also think that sending the GPS coordinates will ultimately be more useful if the car was ever stolen.

However, it worries me slightly that the system allows for 2 way communication. In theory, Kia most likely have remote access to SSH into the central systems in the car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I certainly don't mind data being used to ultimately create a better product. If it can alert at a diagnostic level, then even better. I also think that sending the GPS coordinates will ultimately be more useful if the car was ever stolen.

However, it worries me slightly that the system allows for 2 way communication. In theory, Kia most likely have remote access to SSH into the central systems in the car.
Indeed, just another attack vector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts