Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my e-niro for 6 weeks, on a couple of occassions I've been unable to stop charging with the cable locked in place. Once was at a PodPoint at Tesco's and could stop it via the app and there was no way to stop it on the post. The other was similar with no way stop it on the charger.
On both occassions I had to reduce the charge limit below what it was currently at and then wait for it to stop. There must be a better way than this, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Colin

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
You can't pull it out while charging, 240V AC involved. The usual way is to press the unlock button on the key fob and the charge is paused for about 30 secs and the connector is unlocked so you can remove it. If you don't remove it after 30 seconds the charge starts up again and you have to press the unlock button again to pause the charge.
I haven't tried pressing the plug in as David suggests so not sure if that pauses the charge, I can't imagine it does, so maybe pushing in before pulling out makes it easier to remove once the charge is paused.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You can't pull it out while charging, 240V AC involved. The usual way is to press the unlock button on the key fob and the charge is paused for about 30 secs and the connector is unlocked so you can remove it. If you don't remove it after 30 seconds the charge starts up again and you have to press the unlock button again to pause the charge.
I haven't tried pressing the plug in as David suggests so not sure if that pauses the charge, I can't imagine it does, so maybe pushing in before pulling out makes it easier to remove once the charge is paused.
Yes I was assuming the unlock button was pressed but I had an instance on a Polar charger where the plug was stuck. I rang the helpline and was told to push the plug in before pulling and sure enough it released. So thought that might be useful to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts