Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks - does anyone work at or know anyone that works at a wind farm? I may have a chance of a job in the operational side of things.

Any opinions or advice about working in renewables would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Nope but interested how you got into it.
Are most installers just oil rig installers.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I don't think one can just "work" in the renewables sector unless one has skills and maybe experience from a different sector that is in demand. Eg you are a geotechnical engineer that can get involved in site investigations and or design and or construction oversight of wind turbine foundations etc etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get what you're saying Freddy, and I do have transferable skills and experience from my current industry.

Marli - it's only an interview at the moment.

I guess it's still a bit of a nascent sector and hasn't developed a reputation to speak of. I was going to ask if the industry is here to stay but I'm fairly confident it is since nuclear still frightens people and probably always will.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep I’ve been in the offshore wind industry for 2 years now (onshore before that). Brilliant sector to work in and definitely here to stay. I went directly into renewables from day 1, but many have transferred from oil and gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
JMoon, what do you do in the offshore wind industry. Design, projects, installation, monitoring, IRM etc ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts