Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a fun anecdote for the day. When I arrived at work (I work for RS Components) this morning, all three EV bays were already occupied (with a Leaf, an i3 and an Ampera) and not only was I looking for a space in my Leaf, but someone else was trying to charge his new Outlander. We've gone from none to 5 plugins on site since the beginning of the year! It's great to see a bit of "build it, and they will come" and that an employer has decided to make them available - I'm just hoping they add a few more! :D

Premium Member
Well Edd, your employer shouldn't have any difficulty getting hold of some extra type 2 sockets to cater for the increased demand. :)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh so you are the reason why I keep seeing ads for Cable Glands from RS ;)
Haha guilty as charged, I just can't stop searching for glands!
er........:oops:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Edd, your employer shouldn't have any difficulty getting hold of some extra type 2 sockets to cater for the increased demand. :)
Hmm you'd think....
Unfortunately the type-2 units we stock are very expensive, although we do stock a less expensive wallmount type-3 socket unit....

I'm hoping we'll get some Rolec wallpods in soon, they are pretty inexpensive to buy!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bit of a fun anecdote for the day. When I arrived at work (I work for RS Components) this morning, all three EV bays were already occupied (with a Leaf, an i3 and an Ampera) and not only was I looking for a space in my Leaf, but someone else was trying to charge his new Outlander. We've gone from none to 5 plugins on site since the beginning of the year! It's great to see a bit of "build it, and they will come" and that an employer has decided to make them available - I'm just hoping they add a few more! :D
And I was wrong, we have -seven- on site, another Leaf who doesn't have a type2-type1 cable so never charges here, and another freshly delivered i3!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They came to issue a quote for some charging stations about 2 years ago that we didn't buy because of the silly conditions about data monitoring and public access!

Reactions: GBEV
1 - 11 of 11 Posts