Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience having chargers installed? I know that you can claim up to £350 per socket, and a maximum of 40 sockets, however, I'm not sure we need 40 just now. Is it possible to apply for a grant for 10 now, and if the scheme works reapply for 30 at a later date?

My employer isn't overly keen on giving away free electricity, so is looking at ways to charge people to charge their vehicles. What/who might have the best system to facilitate this?

Any advice would be gratefully received

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
992 Posts
As above, you want to go with a trusted charging network anyways, not only for the ability to charge for the energy, but also to make sure there is ongoing maintentance and repairs when needed. I'd give Pod Point a second vote, and also Electric Blue as another option. Both are pretty good companies for it, but Pod Point is app only access. Electric Blue can be accessed by both app and RFID Card - Depending on access requirements.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Id also contact Bp Chargemaster ie polar - they do the work scheme for a place I work ( employees/ contractors have a polar card and are billed to their polar accounts ). Agree podpoint, polar , electric Blue likely only options if the company doesn’t want to give away the power free.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Podpoint by plenty, they can track usage and put a charge on for your boss. But I wouldn't tell him that.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd also add btw, polar do private network access -> ie, not ust anyone can use the chargers, only authorised cards/peoeple. (and they don't all appear on the polar map when that happens... Source, ^ client has 30+ chargers none of which are on the Polar map, as they are not available to all polar customers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts