Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick overview:

It's a voucher based scheme and limited to £300 for each socket up to a maximum of 20 across all sites. Vouchers expire after four months and applicants have to meet certain criteria to be eligible, such as designated off street parking facilities with spaces dedicated for staff and/or fleet use.

Looks as though applications start from the 21st November 2016.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
No approved equipment on the list yet though...

Like the old homecharge scheme it requires the chargepoints to be online for statistics reporting to OLEV, though I suppose for a workplace installation that's less unreasonable since the business is likely to want the data for BIK assesment or cost recharging.

Seems a shame that it's firmly oriented towards providing charging for staff or pool vehicles - providing charging for use by visitors is excluded.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Indeed - as soon as you look to charge an employee's private vehicle then there are tax implications. This is why my firm steered away from it as they couldn't be bothered with yet more tax paperwork, etc.

·
Registered
886 Posts
this my donated charge point at my work place; open to all Mo - Fri; 9:00 - 16:30 for a small donation key at the reception :)

IMG_0256.JPG

no messing with OLEV ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts