Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well done Elon Musk. It's exactly 10 years since the shares debuted on Nasdaq at $17. Today the stock closed at $1,119. And with Q2 production and deliveries due to be reported tomorrow, it could go higher. Unbelievable achievement.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The high share price should certainly ensure continued access to capital to fund further expansion of production, new models and the on-going battery R&D, which can only be good.

But whether Tesla will be able to reach the kind of sales and profitability needed to justify that valuation, over the long term, will be quite a challenge.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think if you add their solar and energy storage and trading business into the mix it helps make more sense of the valuation.

·
Registered
181 Posts
And he set up a rocket company from scratch in his spare time and sent astronauts to the space station :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I mean it does help to be born in to a super rich family to start with. But seriously I am in awe of his ability to make people see and believe in his vision. Fantastic work.

Reactions: Howie

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I mean it does help to be born in to a super rich family to start with. But seriously I am in awe of his ability to make people see and believe in his vision. Fantastic work.
Can be a big disadvantage - see what happened to the Gettys, Woolworths, etc

Musk's family weren't particularly rich, more middle class.

·
Registered
188 Posts
We just watched a little video about John DeLorean, fantastic story. High flyer at GM, decided to pump his entire worth into his vision and ended up going bust after taking enormous preorders. The UK government was so pissed off they chucked a fortune of Dye barrels into the Irish sea... DeLorean was forced to sell cocaine to raise money, and ended up in court after an FBI sting which turned out to be entrapment, and the case collapsed. He died alone in a small apartment in 2005.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts