Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAVE is the world's largest electric vehicle rally, leading from Baden-Württemberg via Bavaria to the Alps in 10 days with 50 - 70 participating teams from all over the world. The WAVE aims to show that electric mobility powered by renewable energies is available and a great solution for our future mobility.
Read all about it here: http://www.wavetrophy.com/en/
Many of you will have read about Kevin Sharpe's experience, in 2013; however, Kevin has indicated that he can't make it in 2014 - so the field is open to generate a UK team.
EV Matters has been in touch with the organisers and now registered an interest in fielding such a team and we have at least one entrant!
Its not an easy event to get to - or to participate in; however, it would be a great BEV 'stunt' - if we could pull it off?
Is anyone interested on working on feasibility and sponsorship?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have inquired on my own behave and I would enter myself as an independent if I did participate.

At the moment the issue for me might be who could I do it with as Sally doesn't think she will be physically up for what looks like a fun but very busy and tiring 10 days.

So, unless I find someone who I could share the event with (presumably including the sharing of accommodation?) I probably won't be doing it this year.

By the way Brian... I have no idea what you meant by it but I do not want to be involved in "stunts" of any description thank you :) Wave is not any kind of a stunt in any way I can think of and if you are looking at it for anything other than a great holiday with EV minded friends then I think perhaps you are looking at it the wrong way. Just a thought.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
So, unless I find someone who I could share the event with (presumably including the sharing of accommodation?)
FYI the accommodation varies from top class hotels, to B&Bs, to bunk houses, and even peoples homes. Teams normally share rooms so you have to be ok with the YHA approach or seek out a local alternative (which is perfectly acceptable to the WAVE participants).

I've made some great friendships through the WAVE and recommend it if only to refuel your 'can do' :)

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have inquired on my own behave and I would enter myself as an independent if I did participate.
Paul, I am aware that you have also enquired about WAVE 2014 - and indeed you should feel free to go as an independent.
However, if anyone else is interested - then it was my intention to look for sponsorship and 'branding'. The logistics of such a trip are significant and all candidates would be better to pool resources and look for economies.
To be clear - how the UK team is constituted would be for the participants to agree/disagree - if Paul is sensitive to leadership, then I would point our that I have neither proposed to lead the team - nor to participate. However, I do have experience in organising overseas expeditions in several adventurous pursuits.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Like I say... I have had confirmation from WAVE now that I need a 2nd person to share the trip so it is pretty certain I will not be participating.

Pity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts