Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Amazing numbers for BEVs

Model 3 and iPace in the top two spots of ALL vehicles sold and three BEVs in the top 10.

Rock on the days when these are the proportions for a 'normal' month !

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
Tesla took no1 spot. BEVS took 30% odd of registrations!
Amazing numbers for BEVs
It's nice to see but i wouldn't read too much into these figures.

Most ICE are off the shelf, so it's "want, order, collect" in a week or two.
Most BEV are on a backlog, so it's "want, order, collect" in a month or two (or more).

So if most of the "want" died in mid-March, April will show the effect for ICE, but BEV won't show till May/June.
Hopefully BEV won't drop, but it's too soon to say.

It's a lot like the Covid19 statistics actually. Delays can make them look very different from reality.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's nice to see but i wouldn't read too much into these figures.
Of course maybe one take away is that BEV sales are more resistant to this type of crisis?

But I suppose you need to measure it against the 200% growth previously. :)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,393 Posts
Of course maybe one take away is that BEV sales are more resistant to this type of crisis?

But I suppose you need to measure it against the 200% growth previously. :)
Not really, just shows that BEVs have a longer lead time from order to sale, most cars are built to order rather than typical ICE over supply leading to more easily accessible stock.

But there has definitely been more news of dealers getting BEVs to customers via contact less handover, probably don't want a fully charged BEV suffering battery deg.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,543 Posts
BBC are saying that as well as actual car factories, the supply chain is starting to re-open too. Hopefully that includes trucking already purchased cars from import centres to dealerships.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
576 Posts
This really just reflects the fact that Musk refused to close his factories and supply chains because he is a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist with a lot of money and a shouty voice.

Break it down by manufacturer and you'll see no-one else was running delivery chains, no-one else was allowing people to pick cars up even if they WERE available.

You can bet a lot of non-electric cars will be sold when the showrooms reopen and all brands start shifting their backlog of 2 tonne stinking diesel crap wagons.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This really just reflects the fact that Musk refused to close his factories and supply chains because he is a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist with a lot of money and a shouty voice.
Fremont has been shut for a while and they have a lot of inventory.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Also dont forget, Tesla do more hands off deliveries of vehicles as well. Most dealers want to get in you for the dealer experience so that will hurt their sales like the jag and leaf.

As for ICE cars, lots of vehicles are dealer committed purchases so not truly built to order as they are already in the pipeline and just have the slot requirements adjusted in flight when someone wants a vehicle but with a different colour or interior package. Lest not forget the fields of prebuilt cars in various configs sat waiting to be picked up for a customer...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts