Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What is this Zoe worth?

• Definitely less than £8200 and you could've searched for a better deal.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Zoe-i Dynamique Intens (15 reg) privately with a 22,000 mileage and the battery is included in a £8200 price tag. The general condition of her is absolutely fantastic with no signs of wear and tears considering she is aged four at present.

The interior looks as new because the previous owner has taken care of her beautifully. Tyre threads are in a satisfactory condition and I am pretty much happy with her in overall. Some of my workplace colleagues have been discussing on the price I paid for, some said it is too costly and some even argued it was a great bargain. What do you guys think of this?

I know it is too late to go back in time as I already purchased the vehicle. However, I am just looking for a general opinion from the forum members with regards to my dubiety. Many thanks in advanced.

Kind regards.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Pretty good for a battery owned car.

Lease battery versions are going for near to £7,000 for a similar age and mileage at dealers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My vote was different to Colins - mine was
You just secured a great bargain and be appreciative of what you've just found.

Amen!

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,284 Posts
Very good price for a battery owned model! Especially if you aren't going to be needing to change the tyres any time soon (I just did them all on mine to the tune of £360 for some decent ones). The only thing I would question is if the warranty has expired (15 reg would've done by now I think) and not been extended and transferred to you, as there's a potential for problems that could get expensive. Other than that, great deal.

Whether EVs in general are good value for money is a bit questionable I suppose, there's a thread for that on the forums. To me they are - good luck finding a 4 year old automatic transmission car with all the bells and whistles you get on the Intens like satnav, reversing camera etc for less than 9k...
But yes, the people who pay £3k for a 5 year old petrol runabout and run it until it dies 10-15 years later do find EVs a bit pricey for now.

·
Registered
Get £150 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,642 Posts
And just to double double check, you haven't signed a battery lease?

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Odd as I don't think there are any battery owned on 15 plate. Below is quote from a web site on Zoe.

"Things were made simpler in November 2015 when the ZOE i was introduced"

The risk is that the seller stops paying the lease and RCI disable the charging.

Fingers crossed the November date is incorrect and you will have no problems.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,284 Posts
Hmm that's odd. Surely someone somewhere is paying a lease?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I know my battery lease Zoe was labelled as an I on the invoice.

OP: does it have an "I" badge on the back?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Odd as I don't think there are any battery owned on 15 plate. Below is quote from a web site on Zoe.

"Things were made simpler in November 2015 when the ZOE i was introduced"

The risk is that the seller stops paying the lease and RCI disable the charging.

Fingers crossed the November date is incorrect and you will have no problems.
Well, the vehicle is apparently charging fine to my eyes when the seller attempted that. It was 100% charged on Zoe when I bought it and it moved as smoothly as it can be. I wonder if the owner purchased the lease rendering it battery-owned?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm that's odd. Surely someone somewhere is paying a lease?
As I commented on one of the replies earlier, I did not sign any document involving battery lease. No signature was required for this purchase. I handed over the cash and the seller provided the V5C logbook, its green slip for the newkeeper and Zoe-i. Nothing else as far as I can remember.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know my battery lease Zoe was labelled as an I on the invoice.

OP: does it have an "I" badge on the back?
It sure does have an "i' batch on the back of Zoe. How is yours battery-leased whilst it has the batch on it? I guess the more definitive way to find out is to phone Renault RCI and clarify on the matter.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Well then you got yerself a bargain.

My Zoe didn't have the I badge but was listed as an "I" on the invoice and Renault warranty site. It was a battery leased car and I paid a battery lease price.

As far as I know, if it has an I badge, it's battery owned.

But yeah, definitely phone to be sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well then you got yerself a bargain.

My Zoe didn't have the I badge but was listed as an "I" on the invoice and Renault warranty site. It was a battery leased car and I paid a battery lease price.

As far as I know, if it has an I badge, it's battery owned.

But yeah, definitely phone to be sure.
It is shocking to be in your circumstance. Did you not walk away from the dealer after finding out the discrepancy of the car details?

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,284 Posts
Must be then if it has an "I" on the back. Nice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Must be then if it has an "I" on the back. Nice!
I guess the price I paid for was a good bargain. But again, it has run out of Renault extended warranty as the previous dealer had decided to discontinue it for some reason. And now I have to pay more to get a third-party warranty from companies like WarrantyWise or MotorEasy.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It is shocking to be in your circumstance. Did you not walk away from the dealer after finding out the discrepancy of the car details?
It was presented by the dealer as a battery lease car, and priced accordingly. It was Renault's database that had it incorrectly listed as an "I" model. The dealer was actually more correct than the Renault data!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was presented by the dealer as a battery lease car, and priced accordingly. It was Renault's database that had it incorrectly listed as an "I" model. The dealer was actually more correct than the Renault data!
In that case, you must have signed a battery lease transfer form to indicate that you are the rightful owner and payer of the battery lease by Renault. Nonetheless, my sale did not involve any paperwork at all. If it were to be a battery-leased model, I presume the previous owner will be liable of paying for the monthly lease. Having said that, I think it is probably better to double check with RCI.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts