Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So with the benefit of hindsight, perhaps spending months developing a range of adaptors to enable EV granny chargers to be easily connected across Europe and Scandinavia for slow charging just prior to COVID landing wasn't the best of timing!

However, for when the world starts to return to normal, or rather the 'new normal, we would be really interested in any comments or feedback.

Tesla gen 1 UMC/Mobile Charger

Prompted by feedback from online forums and FB groups, the 32A gen 1 UMC adaptor has a built in 16A cut out in case someone forgets to dial down the charge setting.

Tesla gen 2 UMC/Mobile Charger

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I do this and works fine. You'll supercharge most of the time or use a proper public charger (CCS or Type 2) and you'll probbaly only need to use the UMC in emergencies. Might need to check the plug type in scandanavia and buy one of thoe if different b ut pretty such they take schuko

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Good for those who are able to wire it themselves, although the need for a weatherproof enclosure makes it more bulky that using a weatherproof socket that can close with 2.5mmsq. Scandinavia use the Scuko, French and Danish socket, so a universal CEE 7/7 plug would cover the first two, with a separate Danish plug required to cover those.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Thanks for the link. Good for those who are able to wire it themselves, although the need for a weatherproof enclosure makes it more bulky that using a weatherproof socket that can close with 2.5mmsq. Scandinavia use the Scuko, French and Danish socket, so a universal CEE 7/7 plug would cover the first two, with a separate Danish plug required to cover those.

I thought you wanted advice - my mistake, what you’re really doing is looking to get backlinks for your products @nd promote them

The lack of other responses tells you what you need to know

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few times a year I do post new products of the forum, as I've always found the feedback really useful to help get them just right. I am always very transparent when doing so- I started this post stating that I had developed the leads and inviting any feedback, and use the logo on my account to make it clear that I am from Tough Leads.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
A few times a year I do post new products of the forum, as I've always found the feedback really useful to help get them just right. I am always very transparent when doing so- I started this post stating that I had developed the leads and inviting any feedback, and use the logo on my account to make it clear that I am from Tough Leads.
Please add you commercial interests as per the site rules.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts