Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Red Acenta or white "black edition" for extra £15

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had a quote and it will cost £15 extra for 3 years for a white "black edition" over a red Acenta.

What would you do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the thing, what extras do i get?

Wife's a veggie, so can't get the Tekna as leather seats.

Is seat cloth better than the Acenta?
It has led lights
360 camera.
Black wheels

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've often wondered why faux leather isn't an option.
I really dont understand this either which is another reason why my present car was so appealing, as it has nearly all the optional extras yet still retains the rather nice cloth seats. Id also like the option extended to steering wheels.

Bri

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
That's the thing, what extras do i get?

Wife's a veggie, so can't get the Tekna as leather seats.

Is seat cloth better than the Acenta?
It has led lights
360 camera.
Black wheels
I am also veggie, I have raised this before as I read before I purchased that the leather in a LEAF is not real. If I remember correctly it's about 5% but can't find the article :(

Any of you thinking the seats are made of dead cow just take a close look, no matter how well you tried, the inside of a cow can't be made bright blue when the dark stain is applied to the surface if they were leather. On top of that turn the map pocket inside out on the back of the seat and you can actually see they are not leather.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Now I might be wrong here, but I thought that it was Vegans that don't want any animal product and vegetarians just don't eat meat or fish or is this a word that has changed meaning since the invention of Wiki ?
Correct, but somethings are neather black or white but are somewhere in between.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
I agree but C'mon this should not be one of them really. I heard another the other day "passive aggressive' - WTF ! No wonder the countries going to the dogs. Strange times are a head me thinks.
Its totally down to the individual, if you are veggi for "green" reasons then thats different from "ethical" opinions...Each to their own IMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
When my dad found out I'd ordered a leaf he didn't want to be left out and ordered himself a black edition!
I might be biased, but I much prefer my Flame Red Tekna! The wheels look much better and the leather inside is much classier.
IMG_20170329_191436.jpg

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
If your PCP, best to keep it as cheap as possible usually. I personally would not pay £15 a month just for a colour change PCP or buying. Individual preferences though of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts