• More speed

Votes: 3 4.3%
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
358 Posts
Glad you corrected yourself!;)

Which EVs can charge at 100kw and for how long?
Right now my ID.4 charges at a maximum of 125 kW (though I've seen as high as 129 kW) and does not drop below 100 kW until it hits 47-48%. Once they bump up all ID.4s to 175 kW (later this year) it might maintain over 100 kW even longer.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,050 Posts
Right now my ID.4 charges at a maximum of 125 kW (though I've seen as high as 129 kW) and does not drop below 100 kW until it hits 47-48%. Once they bump up all ID.4s to 175 kW (later this year) it might maintain over 100 kW even longer.
Given the cost, I'd hope so!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Intersting. Where are all these non-CCS units then? My guess:

• Legacy Electric Highway
  • Nissan dealers, where all the huge number of CCS units at JLR/Peugeot/Vauxhall/VW/Audi/Skoda dealers aren't listed on Zap Map
Yes when i looked at this about a yr ago something like 1/3 of Ecotricity charging locations did not have any CCS

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I collect my ID.4 next week. What's this about going up to 175kW? I must have missed this bit of news.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,762 Posts
Yes when i looked at this about a yr ago something like 1/3 of Ecotricity charging locations did not have any CCS
Yeah sure, and obviously that's changing imminently to all locations having loads of CCS and barely anything useful for CHAdeMo.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 2.0 40kWh, Seat Mii
157 Posts
Yeah sure, and obviously that's changing imminently to all locations having loads of CCS and barely anything useful for CHAdeMo.
They are aiming for 25% Chademo and 75% CCS, as that's the current usage ratio.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,050 Posts
At least chademo means only Leafs will be competing for a charge, whereas all the rest will be vying for a CCS charger, as will the Ariya when it goes on sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I collect my ID.4 next week. What's this about going up to 175kW? I must have missed this bit of news.
If you use kW you refer to the capacity of the battery. They don’t upgrade the battery. Not now.

Probably you mean kWh, the charging speed. Didn’t hear about it and besides that, I don’t think VAG should agree to get faster speed in a VW than in an e-tron 55.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you use kW you refer to the capacity of the battery. They don’t upgrade the battery. Not now.

Probably you mean kWh, the charging speed. Didn’t hear about it and besides that, I don’t think VAG should agree to get faster speed in a VW than in an e-tron 55.
You've got those backwards, 125 kW is the current charging speed of the ID.4 (which has a 77 kWh battery), and the charging speed is being upgraded to 170 kW later this year, according to many rumours I've seen on different sites.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oops, my bad. I was indeed confused. I've been around too long, so I'm going to relax now.

But the upgrade, didn’t hear about it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Oops, my bad. I was indeed confused. I've been around too long, so I'm going to relax now.

But the upgrade, didn’t hear about it.
No worries, it has happened to all of us. :D

Here's one source:

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
No worries, it has happened to all of us. :D

Here's one source:

Hopefully the rumours pan out. That will be some amazingly good press to rollout a significant real world benefit update by OTA. Will also show everyone that not only Tesla is willing to do stuff like that.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,050 Posts

·
2,762 Posts
If I had £1 for every time I heard that :rolleyes:

My point is still the same. One connector on a multi-charger site is useless. We've proven that already with EH's CCS debacle. 75% is great and all that, but it has to be USABLE. One connector on a multi-unit site is not practical.

·
2,762 Posts
At least chademo means only Leafs will be competing for a charge, whereas all the rest will be vying for a CCS charger, as will the Ariya when it goes on sale.
Far more likely a Leaf will turn up needing a charge, only to find someone 2 minutes into a stupidly big battery charge using the ONLY CHAdeMo equipped charger and refusing to move to any of the myriad of empty CCS only units.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,050 Posts
Far more likely a Leaf will turn up needing a charge, only to find someone 2 minutes into a stupidly big battery charge using the ONLY CHAdeMo equipped charger and refusing to move to any of the myriad of empty CCS only units.
Depends if said charger cannot allow both DC connections at the same time. Some can, but otherwise, I agree.

·
2,762 Posts
Depends if said charger cannot allow both DC connections at the same time. Some can, but otherwise, I agree.
Well, Gridserve were adament it was possible when they launched this whole upgrade.

It doesn't seem to be - it seems to be reliant on a software upgrade 'due in a few months'. That'll be a year or two then...

61 - 80 of 82 Posts