Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I test drove the 2020 Soul, I noticed that the Speed Limit sign displayed on the HUD was always under-reading by 1mph. (it displays 39mph for 40mph limit, 59 for a 60)
I now have my own Soul, and it does exactly the same. The odd thing is that the Speed Limit sign on the Satnav screen is always correct.
I have scanned through all the settings I can find and nothing has worked.
Any ideas on how to get the speed limits to display properly.
Cheers

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,024 Posts
When I test drove the 2020 Soul, I noticed that the Speed Limit sign displayed on the HUD was always under-reading by 1mph. (it displays 39mph for 40mph limit, 59 for a 60)
I now have my own Soul, and it does exactly the same. The odd thing is that the Speed Limit sign on the Satnav screen is always correct.
Cheers
I'll bet it's converting to km and back and rounding down!

Sorry, I'm probably the only one who finds it funny. And only because it's not my car.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,644 Posts
I have never noticed it being different on the HUD in ours. The only thing I can suggest is to change to Kms in dash settings apply and then go back in and change it back to miles and see if that corrects it. Who knows might work.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
152 Posts
Cheers
That's a bug in the old software! The later software displays the same speed limit on the HUD and map screen. If your time/date includes the day (eg 21:57 Sun, 02.08) then you have the latest code.
My Soul has S/W version ****.191223

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a bug in the old software! The later software displays the same speed limit on the HUD and map screen. If your time/date includes the day (eg 21:57 Sun, 02.08) then you have the latest code.
My Soul has S/W version ****.191223
Thanks finchlean, the car has been updated to the latest software and is now reading correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am pleased you got your new software done. Our local Kia dealership has been ringing us back since Saturday. There is no recall for a software update so they aren't phoning. Nightmare.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
Picked my car today, I'm happy that it seems to have the latest firm/software.

Reactions: finchlean
1 - 12 of 12 Posts