Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04nhfm7

Starts at 6:00

Thought it was going to be alot worse that it came across. E-Golf owner should have done his research, though have some sympathy with him concerning the CCS chargers not working.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Yes I should have done!

118 mile claim from VW and customer feels let down (not surprised) and unreliable rapid charging network (or not CCS in his case).

Feel sorry for him to be honest.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to feel sorry for him in a way because if the mighty Volkswagen had put some effort into CCS he would be able to do his journey.

But on the other hand he should have done his research. He bought his car from Watford? Why? I bet he didn't even test drive the E-Golf.

Everyone knows that manufacturers mileage claims are optimistic. This even applies to ICE cars and their advertised Mpg. If the car is advertised at 60mpg you know your only going to get 45-50mpg in the real world.

·
Super Moderator
11,954 Posts
Overall I thought it was fair and positive. I liked how they emphasised the lack of Rapid chargers outside of the M4 corridor.

Ecotricity recently announced the CCS fix will be finished by the 9th. Not sure if X-Ray missed that or if the announcement came to late.

Only other thing they missed was that other EVs can charge in 4 hours in places the eGolf takes 8.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I agree that it was a fair report although I don't think it will encourage many to check out the option of EV ownership.

I too feel sorry for Stefan, but it's hard to believe that he was really that naive about the range issues – surely anyone thinking about buying an EV would have picked up on the issues?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts