Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, .I have a Yazaki Brick Charger, 10 Amp input @ 230V. These bricks are supplied with Outlanders and IMIEV clones. My wish list for backup charging, away from home, at say campsite or relatives house is 1/ .longer cable. 2/ any cable joint in a dry location inside the car being charged 3/ ability to charge from commando socket. Modifications to the standard Yazaki are possible because there is NO 13A plug temperature monitoring with these units. Remove the .rear cover using a TorxT10 hollow security bit. Lever off the cover starting from the ends - you may need to clamp wiring hex nut in a vice. Remove internal cover and screws. Replace lead. Seal the cover with fresh gasket compound. Test unit on long charge.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice one. I use a 25m caravan hook-up lead myself with a Commando to 13A adapter that I plug the brick into. I then put the whole lot in the boot and close the lid to keep the rain out. There is enough of a gap for the leads to come out without crushing them. Not sure why, maybe my tailgate doesn't close properly. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve not opened the box; however, i’ve carried fly-leads for Blue Commando and Schuko (for Europe) since 2013. There have been many occasions, when they have saved the day. For safety, i’ve always put a sleeve over cable join and that the joint and ‘brick’ under the car. Frankly i’ve not tried to put them in the boot - that would require a fly leek of 10+ft - but it would be more secure, certainly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts