Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one chaps.

bought a 330e from evanshalshaw about a month ago.
Last week a warning came up asking me to top up the coolant as it was low.

so on inspection I opened the larger of the two reservoir caps and lo and behold found yellow gunk on the bottom of the cap and in the water which was curiously full even though the message said coolant was low?

have I bought a lemon here guys or am I missing something as I can’t even get through to EH service to speak to them about this!

strangely the car drives perfectly with no smoke or water loss or overheating?

any ideas?

many thanks

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
9,515 Posts
I'd be worried about either an oil cooler (transmission? - ATF goes yellow with water) or head gasket leak. Find a good indie with a sniffer that can detect combination products in the coolant who'll rule out a head gasket leak.
Does the 330e have a separate oil/water cooler for the engine oil as well as the transmission or just oil pipes in the main radiator?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be worried about either an oil cooler (transmission? - ATF goes yellow with water) or head gasket leak. Find a good indie with a sniffer that can detect combination products in the coolant who'll rule out a head gasket leak.
Does the 330e have a separate oil/water cooler for the engine oil as well as the transmission or just oil pipes in the main radiator?

Thanks for the reply Dk.

Im no mechanic, so I have little idea as to whether the 330e has a separate cooler. If you can point me in the right direction, I may be able to have a look and provide an answer to that question.

Maybe the fact that the car "thinks" there is low coolant level is closer indication of the points you are describing?

I may try taking it back to EvansHalshaw but fear they are just going to give me the ol' run around on this.

When you say "sniffer" what is this exactly please?

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts