Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Kona in for the BMS and safety recall updates and they informed me there was another update issued today, which they are going to do at the same time. Not sure how long it is all going to take. Left it with them at 13:00. I'll update when they call me back.
(360 camera running on battery pack, so that will be interesting)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay. So, one hour and forty minutes later, Howards Hyundai in Weston super Mare phoned to say it was all done. Having read all the posts of update disasters on this forum, I was not holding my breath.

They said they had done the 2 recalls . . . "Hold on, what about the 4 BMS updates?" I asked. Part of the first recall apparently.

The recall issued today is for the ABS and isn't showing on the system yet for them to show it has been completed, so I might get a contact about it, which I have to ignore.

So, I sat in the car and switched on. The first thing I noticed was that the speedo had changed from digital to analogue, and the miles remaining is now blue instead of white. I scrolled down the menus, and guess what . . . No battery saver +. Result.

I still have my fuel economy results from the end of August though. I thought that list was reset with the BMS update.

Just looked at the car and a small yellow light is shining through the "H" of the Hyundai badge on the front.

I haven't rapid charged this car since I had it in March, and I don't think I'll be rapid charging any time soon, so that test will have to wait.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Okay. So, one hour and forty minutes later, Howards Hyundai in Weston super Mare phoned to say it was all done. Having read all the posts of update disasters on this forum, I was not holding my breath.

They said they had done the 2 recalls . . . "Hold on, what about the 4 BMS updates?" I asked. Part of the first recall apparently.
Part of the second BMS recall is to check that the first (strictly a service campaign, not recall) was done correctly.

So, I sat in the car and switched on. The first thing I noticed was that the speedo had changed from digital to analogue, and the miles remaining is now blue instead of white. I scrolled down the menus, and guess what . . . No battery saver +. Result.
Speedo change is probably a default to comfort instead of eco - several settings get reset after the update including GOM history ( sometimes) , regen level and charge limits

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

The recall issued today is for the ABS and isn't showing on the system yet for them to show it has been completed, so I might get a contact about it, which I have to ignore.

I still have my fuel economy results from the end of August though. I thought that list was reset with the BMS update.

Just looked at the car and a small yellow light is shining through the "H" of the Hyundai badge on the front.

I haven't rapid charged this car since I had it in March, and I don't think I'll be rapid charging any time soon, so that test will have to wait.
This ABS recall you mention must be very new indeed - its the first time I've heard of it...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to mention, I asked about the rubber boot for the granny charger and they knew nothing about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts