Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS Exclusive
273 Posts
15p is close to a domestic rate and CYC have the capability to monitor per kW usage. Will be interesting to see what Northumberland do

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
We've nothing to do with the tariffs on our posts I'm afraid.
@CYC - accept that, but with the flexibility of your platform you're also in a position to provide insight to your operating partners on the public perception and likely response on charger usage to various charging models.... such as this one, for example. Nudge nudge wink wink :p

·
Super Moderator
7,706 Posts
Fantastic news, I also hope CYC take over all the source east/London, PIM etc scheme posts, that would make things a lot easier.

Reactions: Cjandrew

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's the most sane/sensible thing I've heard about charging since I bought my Leaf.
CYC and York Council should both be applauded for their forward thinking. Well done!
Hopefully it sets a precedent for other companies to follow.

Just one question @CYC what were the charges before or were they free?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would happily pay 15p/kWh for charging. That makes an electric mile just under 4p, compared with 10p+ for a petrol mile.

And it gives you certainty when you plug in that you are going to pay for the fuel you take.
Hope you forwarded this tweet to your contact at mk council. Will write to MK mp regarding this. Big election coming up with mk being a swing seat...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
That's the most sane/sensible thing I've heard about charging since I bought my Leaf.
CYC and York Council should both be applauded for their forward thinking. Well done!
Hopefully it sets a precedent for other companies to follow.

Just one question @CYC what were the charges before or were they free?
The York charges were 50p an hour before. Hardly unreasonable I think you'd agree, but per kWh is the way forward IMHO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts