Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Caught this by accident this morning on Radio 4 You and Yours. Worth a listen.
Edit..here is the link, starts at 35 minutes 48secs.;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04prhq5

Basically problem of electric cars highlighted failed charge points and lack of maintenance .
One in four of London's tax payer funded posts currently out of action.
French bought Source London but no published plans on maintenance.
Government said "We are monitoring charge points to make sure they are working", or words to that effect! Oh yes???
So more government weasel words (OLEV?) B.S. given to Radio 4 for a national broadcast in answer to a specified problem!:rolleyes:.... over to you Fenlander;).

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'm going to listen to this when I get home on iPlayer. Sounds very interesting, hopefully puts more pressure on to maintain them. Will be interesting to see what Source London charges from the 1st of January and if it encourages them to do more maintenance (can't charge for use if it isn't working).

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are so many duff chargers - we have one in Halifax - its a pod-point fitted at Sainsburys and its never worked once in the two years I have known its there - Pod-point won't maintain it as Sainsburys refused to take out a maintenance contract ! Their green credentials are looking a bit mouldy aren't they !

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is the link, starts at 35 minutes 48secs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04prhq5

Can you believe this government's statement to a national programme request for information starting at 39 mins 10 seconds
... You and yours said "Well this morning the government told us that they are monitoring the situation in London and all the charge points across the UK to make sure the infrastructure is working"! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

And does anyone know of a single occasion where government took appropriate action to make sure the infrastructure is working?
Weasel words from jobsworths, how can they get away with this Bull Sh!T?
The fools didn't even have the wit to build in any maintenance in the grant subsidies.
It was as if they had to spend the cash as fast as possible to meet some political capital deadline. Same with home chargers to scallywags at over £1300 a pop:rolleyes:. FFS.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quite easy if you write the rules then you can change them to suit your mood today. Nothing must come between our Masters on Westminster Campus and their salaries or pension funds !

·
Registered
150 Posts
The sooner UKIP get in the better I'm just fed up of half truths and waffle. We paid for broadband and got rubbish, we then paid BT a huge sum of money to put in superfast BB and still got nothing - and not a peep out of Westminster, they allow a duopoly of BT and Virgin and say nothing - wonder where their next jobs will be ???

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
378 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
We paid for broadband and got rubbish, we then paid BT a huge sum of money to put in superfast BB and still got nothing
To be fair, the broadband initiative did work for the rural area where I live. It took a while, but we now get FTTC and FTTPoD services.

I too dislike the BT/Virgin duopoly, but in reality we can't have every company that wants to go around digging up the street to serve a couple of customers. The unbundling of BT has worked out pretty well in the whole.

I've got much bigger issues with the mobile operators who manage to hide behind a veil of 'competition'.

·
Registered
253 Posts
No fibre here yet in rural Milton Keynes, despite being phase 1 of our latest BDUK scheme... Due by December but doesn't look at all likely.
Quite surprised by that. You need to move across the main road! Been on Sky fibre - FTTC for over a year now. Though am always hopeful that they will roll out FTTH outside of the select trial areas of MK.

·
Banned
961 Posts
No fibre here yet in rural Milton Keynes, despite being phase 1 of our latest BDUK scheme... Due by December but doesn't look at all likely.
Consider yourself lucky. In time you too will have the daily temptation of ordering FTTP. I have no idea what I'd do with 330Mbits, but it's there! When we moved in all we had was ISDN and continual threats from ISPs about overuse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts