Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Someone hasn't quite had their eye on the £40k limit for company car users though... if you spec a normal (not advance) estate but want the AID (a must in my opinion) you can only do this by adding the entire 'Discover Navigation Pro with Digital cockpit' pack, taking it just over £40k....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Someone hasn't quite had their eye on the £40k limit for company car users though... if you spec a normal (not advance) estate but want the AID (a must in my opinion) you can only do this by adding the entire 'Discover Navigation Pro with Digital cockpit' pack, taking it just over £40k....
Yes, not having AID as separate option anymore makes a difference. I’ve just specced the equivalent to my car (non-advance estate, Urano grey, premium headlights upgrade, reversing camera) and it is very close to the same price, a few hundred quid cheaper actually, and still less than £40k.
I made a judgement call on headlights upgrade vs AID to stay below £40k on my car, and am pleased with my choice. I was a bit disappointed with AID on my original test drive, especially if you use Google maps by default for satnav, since it looked lovely but not really as versatile as it could have been in terms of customisation. Wonder if AID is improved on new version?
Have to say I don’t like the standard wheels either compared to the Oxfords that came on mine; I think they would suit Golf better.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
What is the difference if you go over £40k? This would be the first company car I've had over £40k

·
Registered
58 Posts
What is the difference if you go over £40k? This would be the first company car I've had over £40k
The lease prices I got via work were substantially more when the list price was over £40k, mostly due to the luxury tax I assume plus some extra for some reason. I got my GTE on a 2 year lease in June 2018 with an eye on the BIK rates being 0% for BEV from April 2020, hoping the extra BIK saving will make the Model 3 affordable....

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have now ordered my GTE on 6 + 35 months, fully maintained on 25k miles per year. The cost being £550 for the following spec:
  • GTE Advanced
  • Liverpool Alloys
  • Pyrite silver
  • Titan black leather
  • DCC
  • Rear-view cam
  • Black roof lining
Worth noting that the initial quote I had was nearly £600 so had to play a few people off against each other, eventually going with my local VW dealership.

Apparently it's being built in week 46 and there is a chance I'll have it by the end of the year - I'm not holding my breath!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have now ordered my GTE on 6 + 35 months, fully maintained on 25k miles per year. The cost being £550 for the following spec:
  • GTE Advanced
  • Liverpool Alloys
  • Pyrite silver
  • Titan black leather
  • DCC
  • Rear-view cam
  • Black roof lining
Worth noting that the initial quote I had was nearly £600 so had to play a few people off against each other, eventually going with my local VW dealership.

Apparently it's being built in week 46 and there is a chance I'll have it by the end of the year - I'm not holding my breath!
Once it arrives could you confirm if it has wireless phone charging...

Nice spec !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last week I ordered a new Passat GTE through work's lease company.
Delivery is mid-March 2020 :unsure:

Is this wait-time about right or am I being cynical in thinking the lease company is tying it in with the next new number-plate issue?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I ordered mine in December 2017 and it arrived at the dealer in February 2018 (private purchase). But that may not be representative of current wait times.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is this wait-time about right or am I being cynical in thinking the lease company is tying it in with the next new number-plate issue?
I imagine it's quite popular as a newly released model; I ordered mine in January 2018 (via Leaseplan at work) and took delivery at end of June 2018 (it was a factory build order), so entirely believable timelines in my experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts