Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is James and I run a site that provides information about electric vehicles to make it easier for people to make that transition to an EV should it be right for them. In order to do this better, I hope to introduce a section which has real owner experiences of what its like to have an EV.

If anyone would be willing, I would be hugely appreciative of anyone who would share there story with me so that others can benefit from first hand experiences showing that you really can live with an EV. Please either reply here or if you would prefer, you can send an email to [email protected]

Please also note, the site does not generate revenue and this would be used simply to try to help others.

Link to the site: www.electricvehicleexpert.com

James

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I am always suspicious when new posters ask for this kind of thing.
Maybe you could share your own ev ownership story to introduce yourself to the SpeakEV community ?
James has already introduced himself in his other post "EV FAQ". Perhaps you should take a look. No need to be suspicious.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,182 Posts
@James, with respect, it is a bit lazy of you just to ask like that on a forum where there are probably a few hundred such stories just waiting for you to read.

You want someone else to do your work for you?

Why not read through the forum, and PM people about the stories you read, and ask for more/ask for permission to reproduce if you are interested.

If you then also feed back your complied 'biographies' then this might stimulate people to contribute parallel stories of like experiences, or cases where the reverse issues were experienced.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone is asking me to do something I like to see some sort of lifting-finger worth of effort of commitment on their behalf towards an interest in the outcome.

Alternatively, if you don't want to put any effort in, then the alternative is; how much do you want to pay per story?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@James, with respect, it is a bit lazy of you just to ask like that on a forum where there are probably a few hundred such stories just waiting for you to read.

You want someone else to do your work for you?

Why not read through the forum, and PM people about the stories you read, and ask for more/ask for permission to reproduce if you are interested.

If you then also feed back your complied 'biographies' then this might stimulate people to contribute parallel stories of like experiences, or cases where the reverse issues were experienced.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone is asking me to do something I like to see some sort of lifting-finger worth of effort of commitment on their behalf towards an interest in the outcome.

Alternatively, if you don't want to put any effort in, then the alternative is; how much do you want to pay per story?
Donald,

Apologies if it seems I am being lazy. I can assure you this is not the case, I simply thought as well as pursuing other avenues to get stories, such as reading them on other feeds, I would also create my own where people could share.

However, I will certainly try to put some more effort in and think of other ways so that it does not seem I am being lazy.

Thank you very much for taking the time to message, it is greatly appreciated.

James

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Once upon a time I bought an electric car on PCP. I drove it until the contract was up.

The end.
I was really hoping the story was going to have a happy ending. How disappointing.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Took on an electric car on PCP.
One year later, sold it and EV prices have gone up to levels that I can no longer afford.
So I'm back in an ICE.
That's it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I thought any commerical interests that a poster might have were supposed to be listed along with their profile picture?
How is this venture in any way commercial? Did you read the original post?
Please also note, the site does not generate revenue and this would be used simply to try to help others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts