Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Zoe 22KW Aug 2018 - 65 plate 9k
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(OLD ZOE 22kw)Stick with me MY minds going over time looking for my first EV and no HOME CHARGER for a few months until I decide it fits, the ZOE fits my needs shopping trips and a charger all be it a 7kw unit outside my wife's work in Canley, Coventry. #Aldi my golf club also has a 7kw charger #UllesthorpeCourt

Polar rapids at most holiday inn's Kenilworth and Nuneaton 9p pkw (43kw chargers) Polar /plugged in Midlands the best option? or have I missed the best option for outside charging?

Would I benefit from the Q motor 43kw rapid on board charger over the 22kw, I guess 80% charges around 70 summer miles added right? I'm assuming the 22kw is the max charge per hour rate for the car?

cheers in advance, can't sleep super excited :) 45yr old child searching for a new toy new experience.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Are you buying a new Zoe (40kWh battery) or an older one (22kWh battery)? I wouldn't personally buy a 22kWh battery version without the rapid charging - otherwise it restricts the journeys that you can do (do you want to stop every 70-80 miles for over an hour?). You'll also find not much difference in price on second hand models, so the 43kW charger is worth going for.

On the 40kWh battery model - it depends how far you would normally drive. The range is so good that it'll do most typical longer journeys without stopping. If you do journeys significantly longer than 140 miles per leg then get the Q motor, otherwise don't spend the extra and stick with the R.

Neither charger makes any difference on 7kW charging posts - they'll both charge at roughly the same speed.

·
Zoe 22KW Aug 2018 - 65 plate 9k
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated the start old mark 1 22kw version, I don't fancy the hour wait that's for sure and research shows we have a few in the area if I'm desperate for a quickie :) 7kws are fine for stop and pop charges whilst food shopping etc.

My thoughts exactly Belstar it just makes the pain a little easier and converting the wife also easier #MuchHarder

cheers pal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts