Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed YouTube, Spotify and Internet browser all have no issue getting a data connection but if I try to open Netflix (logged into my own account) it displays a message 'No Internet Connection'.
So what's going on, why happy to load YouTube but not Netflix? Car is M3 Performance (with premium connectivity).
Presumably Tesla doesn't fancy paying for the data required to stream movies.
Is that to say Netflix is only designed to work with an active WiFi connection?
If so I guess if I'm sat charging I could setup an access point on my mobile (tether mode) and get the car to connect to that WiFi network and pull the data across from the phone?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
From time to time I lose either Netflix or YouTube, normally after an update. The next update then seems to correct it. Currently all working fine on 12.11.1

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have you tried using it with WIFI? If it still doesn't work then that will rule out a connection issue and it'll most likely be an app issue.

Try a soft rest (hold both scroll wheels down for a few seconds on the steering wheel). If that doesn't solve the issue then try a hard reset. If that still doesn't work then I would suggest logging it with Tesla via the app.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts