Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
˙ǝןƃƃnɹʇs ןןıɥuʍop ɐ sı ǝɟı˥
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) have issued a recall notice for the Z0E:

DVSA reference number

R/2017/207
Make and model
Renault: Zoe
Issue
Gearbox may fail to hold in park position 'p' and vehicle could roll away.

So make sure that handbrake is applied! Has anyone been affected or had anything come through from Renault?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
This was what delayed deliveries of a lot of Zoe's recently, many were sitting waiting for parts which took a good while to filter through.
The recall must be for the few (if any) early deliveries that got through.

·
˙ǝןƃƃnɹʇs ןןıɥuʍop ɐ sı ǝɟı˥
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done some more digging and it looks as if you're right. These are the vehicles affected:

Vin Start: VF1AGVYB053568448
Vin End: VF1AGVYB154528876
Build start: 01/07/2015
Build end: 31/01/2016

·
Registered
388 Posts
I could not able to find that on dvsa website. where did you find it ?my VIN is that range.
I found the vin numbers on this link
Check for vehicle, part or accessory recalls - GOV.UK
Although I got my car new in September 2016 my vin number is also within that range. I contacted customer services at renault and they are sure mine was built in September 16 and not before the January 16 cut off as mentioned on the recall site. However they are looking into it as my Vin is definitely within the range given.

·
Registered
34 Posts
when I choose renault and zoe. I only get below one.

1 Search Results - Page 1 of 1
Criteria : (RENAULT ZOE) for the date range 01/Jan/1992 to 01/Jan/2017
Information : Click on the recalls number to expand the detail and hover over the concern for a quick insight into the defect
Please note that certain recalls have the same reference number, but relate to different models/variants of the same manufacturer/vehicle.
#
Launch Date Recalls Number Make Model(s) Concern VIN Start VIN End Build Start Build End
01/03/2016 R/2016/035 RENAULT Zoe brake efficiency may be reduced VF1AGVYA047316446 VF1AGVYA151866597

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
So if I'm correct and the eighth character in the VIN is a 'B' then its a R90 and is recalled, if the eighth character is a 'C' (as mine is) its a Q90 and is not recalled.

·
Registered
388 Posts
when I choose renault and zoe. I only get below one.

1 Search Results - Page 1 of 1
Criteria : (RENAULT ZOE) for the date range 01/Jan/1992 to 01/Jan/2017
Information : Click on the recalls number to expand the detail and hover over the concern for a quick insight into the defect
Please note that certain recalls have the same reference number, but relate to different models/variants of the same manufacturer/vehicle.
#
Launch Date Recalls Number Make Model(s) Concern VIN Start VIN End Build Start Build End
01/03/2016 R/2016/035 RENAULT Zoe brake efficiency may be reduced VF1AGVYA047316446 VF1AGVYA151866597
You need to change the finish date on the search option.. i moved it to August 17 and the recall is found.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,883 Posts
This is what I had to wait 3 months for whilst my Zoe sat at the dealership waiting for the parts back in Dec 2015. Picked up March 6th. Very frustrating, I could see it but couldn't touch it:cry:. It wasn't alone though, it had 3 buddies to keep it company:);)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've just had a call from renault... they state that they have made a mistake with the finishing Vin number and will be getting it changed... they have information on all cars affected and will be sending lettes out..
If you know your vehicle was made after Jan 16 they are not affected even if your vin number is shown between the two shown currently on the recall website... as I said they will be changing the end vin number.
The chap on the phone couldn't tell me what vin number it should be as he wasn't given that info..

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've just had a call from renault... they state that they have made a mistake with the finishing Vin number and will be getting it changed... they have information on all cars affected and will be sending lettes out..
If you know your vehicle was made after Jan 16 they are not affected even if your vin number is shown between the two shown currently on the recall website... as I said they will be changing the end vin number.
The chap on the phone couldn't tell me what vin number it should be as he wasn't given that info..
Did they mention what they are going to do (recall) and when?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Did they mention what they are going to do (recall) and when?
All they said was although mine was within the vin range this was wrong and would be changed. They didn't say when but did say that the department concerned would send letters to those with vehicles needing fixed. I can only ask if anybody here has received a letter yet..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Our Zoe is within the range of VIN published on DVSA website. Had second service today and asked dealer what is to happen. Dealer stated that not recieved anything yet from Renault and advised that when we get letter from Renault to get in touch and they will sort it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
just got an email about the recall after chasing them so many weeks. When I dropped the car for BMS update, They couldn't see it. But now it should be in the system means I need to give the car again!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just seen this thread and it's the first I've heard about a recall. My VIN is within that range and it's an R model.

What should I do? Sit tight and wait for Renault to contact me? Get in touch with the dealer? Anything?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts