Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been a change to what chargers zap map will show? Lots of points appear to have disappeared including service stations on M27 Rowlands and M3 Winchester but also a ?polar at a hotel in Eastleigh.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
What specific charge points do you think are missing?

M27 Rowlands? Did you mean Rownhams? If so, that is there...

The Holiday Inn at Eastleigh with a Polar charger is also still on there.

If these are the ones to which you refer, then maybe you have the filters set to not show them?

Apologies if I have misinterpreted what you are asking.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I can't see anything on the M3 at Winchester but ZapMap and PlugShare are both showing M27 Rownhams and Polar at the Holiday Inn at Eastleigh on my laptop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, thank you for looking. Yes sorry I meant Rownhams (don't come this way that often but remembered roughly where chargers were last time). It must be a setting issue then, I can't see them on the app. I haven't changed any settings recently but I'll investigate. Thanks

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I've just checked in the app and they are showing up okay in there as well.

I'm using the latest version of the app.

Check that the 'pin' symbol (Filters) in the top right is white. It goes orange if the settings have been changed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pin was white and looking at all the options I couldn't see anything selected but I've done clear all in each option and now I can see lots more, including the ones I knew were missing. Thanks all

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there any value in using ZapMap? Isn't Google maps more accurate?
More accurate in what way? I can think of three aspects you could have meant: The existence of the charger, the exact location of the charger, or the status of the charger.

Not sure on exact location and comprehensiveness, but Zap-Map is definitely better on live data: Google Maps doesn't supply live Instavolt data, and doesn't supply live data for all Polar rapids.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
809 Posts
I mean for overall freshness of data. Google actively maintain their mapping data very rigourously.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Zap-Map seems better for 'freshness of data' in my limited experience:
New Motion Rapid removed from central car park in Basingstoke some time ago (not sure exactly when). Gone from Zap-Map. Still showing on Google maps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts