Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that Zap-Map is becoming increasingly out of date? I've reported a couple of new chargers nearby in recent months but they've not appeared on the map and I wonder whether this is common across the country?

The worst feature of my KIA e-niro is without doubt the sat nav and its list of charging points. It was completely out of date when I took delivery of the car last June. I wouldn't rely on it to find charging points and now I'm wondering how much I can rely on Zap-Map to direct me to the nearest charging points.

Until EV charging stations are as ubiquitous as petrol stations, we really need accurate, up to date information to find these essential resources. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
446 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that Zap-Map is becoming increasingly out of date? I've reported a couple of new chargers nearby in recent months but they've not appeared on the map and I wonder whether this is common across the country?
When they get data from the networks or the central registry they add them pretty quickly. However I've previously used the "add a chargepoint" function and not heard anything back, however a random comment on a nearby chargepoint about the new ones has been picked up and they've been added. I wonder if the "add a chargepoint" option actually works.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
608 Posts
Last time I looked at zap map I couldn't make out the map / locations as they were hidden by all the charge points! It looks very cluttered until you zoom right in

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
572 Posts
I've added about 6-7 charge points over the last two years, but did notice that last one last September took about three weeks or so, so to answer your original question, Yes they probably are very busy at the moment. Still the best app for checking whether a charger actually works or not from the user comments so I'm quite happy to use it.

My favorite sport is dropping in at Killington Lake on M6 South Bound yesterday that is always reported as faulty. I had a few issues with the first Ecotricity charger struggling to communicate with the Zoe although strangely it started charging when I open the car door. But the 2nd charger worked well and now Zap map shows that charger working again, I wonder how long it will take for another user to report it as faulty because it only delivers 11Kwh instead of 44Kwh on their Tesla M3 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts