Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Bmw i3s 120ah 2019
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zap pay work with osprey, but I can't see point why I should download it and pay for it in future if prices per kw are same as simple paying by contact less card.
Maybe I'm missing something?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Zap Pay is another one of those ideas which tried to fix the problem of having so many apps by adding another app to charge your car. So far it seems to be a total failure. As you said they don't support many networks, and the majority of chargepoints they do support already take a contactless credit card anyways.

Maybe it would be of more use if they worked with those networks who don't offer such simple payment methods.

I'm not at all interested in using apps, but if something like the Electric Juice RFID Card was to continue to grow and add all the major networks I would definitely use that over contactless for a few reasons:
-No contactless card usage limits before requiring a PIN entry
-No pre-auth transactions sitting on your bank account for up to a week holding funds and making it hard to keep track of spending
-All usage paid with one simple monthly direct debit
-Easier to get a copy of itemised usage so you can submit claims for charging expenses, if necessary.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
604 Posts
Zap is in a slightly different position, because of their mapping and charger database - and a decent chunk of users with the app already on their phone.

i wouldn’t be surprised if all of these services allow ‘roaming’ on other networks eventually. Remember when you couldn’t send an SMS to somebody on another phone network? (I’m showing my age here)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts