Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
The Zappi has far and away the better open PEN fault protection system of the two, the Hypervolt uses a crude voltage sensing system I believe, so will false alarm if the supply voltage is on the high side and may not always detect a true open PEN fault either. I don't have a Zappi, or any connection with them, but did recently install an Eddi and have to say I'm very impressed with both the engineering and the firmware. It seems that Myenergi have put a great deal of effort into making their products as versatile and easy to use as possible.

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Myenergi used to have a very detailed article on their website explaining open PEN faults and their protection solution, but seem to have pulled it. Which is a shame.
They seem to have lost a lot of stuff on their website over the past couple of days. I was part way through reading the wiki on the Eddi when it disappeared, seems they have pulled a lot of content off the site for some reason. There's an efixx video with Dr Chris Horne from Myenergi covering the open PEN protection which is worth a watch, I linked to it in this post: British Gas Hive EV charger - Alfen Eve S-Line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts