Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Zappi v2 charging problems

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Oscar 59 
In Eco++ mode it will only charge if there is solar power to charge with. You should set a timed boost if you want to charge at night.

Does anything at all happen when you press the + key on the Zappi to unlock it?

I assume you don't have the MyEnergi hub / app?

What car do you have? There is a lot of useful information on the MyEnergi forums - I think the charge delayed message comes up if the Zappi tries to start a charge and the car does not wake up / respond. This can happen in ECO++ mode as the Zappi starts and stops as the solar power available varies. There are settings in the Zappi to overcome this.
The MyEnergi forums are indeed surprisingly active. There is an issue with the VW ID series (ID.3 and ID.4) where the car will only "wake up" so many times, so if the solar is intermittent during the day, the car might not wake up for the timed boost during the night. I've seen it with my ID.4. The simple solution is to just unplug/replug the car in before going to bed, though MyEnergi is aware of the issue and they are actively communicating with VW about a fix.

Also, where does OP get 6 hours of free electricity from? Inquiring minds would like to know! :ROFLMAO:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.