Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Zappi v2 charging problems

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Oscar 59 
#1 ·
Hi I have been having a couple of problems charging my car using a Zappi.
The first one.
I set the timer, put the charger in eco ++ and it only charges the car sometimes about 30% of the time the other times it comes up with charging delayed, I don’t have timed charge set on the car so I don’t understand why it won’t work.I have a deal with free electricity between 12and 6 So when I have a long journey and definitely need to top up I have wait until I go to bed and then put it on fast charge.
Tonight the second problem arose
I can not get it to fast charge the only thing it shows on the screen is press +to unlock. In the end I have plugged the car via the 13amp socket which will not give me enough charge for tomorrow.
I have learnt a lot from this forum I hope someone has overcome the same issue and is able to help because at the moment I really regret choosing a zappi charging unit

#3 ·
In Eco++ mode it will only charge if there is solar power to charge with. You should set a timed boost if you want to charge at night.

Does anything at all happen when you press the + key on the Zappi to unlock it?

I assume you don't have the MyEnergi hub / app?

What car do you have? There is a lot of useful information on the MyEnergi forums - I think the charge delayed message comes up if the Zappi tries to start a charge and the car does not wake up / respond. This can happen in ECO++ mode as the Zappi starts and stops as the solar power available varies. There are settings in the Zappi to overcome this.

#4 ·
The MyEnergi forums are indeed surprisingly active. There is an issue with the VW ID series (ID.3 and ID.4) where the car will only "wake up" so many times, so if the solar is intermittent during the day, the car might not wake up for the timed boost during the night. I've seen it with my ID.4. The simple solution is to just unplug/replug the car in before going to bed, though MyEnergi is aware of the issue and they are actively communicating with VW about a fix.

Also, where does OP get 6 hours of free electricity from? Inquiring minds would like to know! :ROFLMAO:

#5 ·
Hi thank you all
SSE have a new tariff giving 2000kw free which equates to 8,000 miles if you charge between 12.00 and 6.00am.
The car is a Jaguar I pace, I phoned Jaguar assist and there was a problem with the cable lock unlock button I have only done a fast charge since.
I have the hub but not solar yet, the installer was not great, I have learnt pretty much all my knowledge from here. I have the app also.
I don’t know anything about the boost setting
I am going to try a timed charge again tonight on eco ++and see what happens, I am hoping that it was a software issue with the car.
If anyone could tell me if there is a better setting and how to do it that would be great.
Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.