Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my Zappi working well for a month with the CT input hard wired to the Grid import. However the cable had to be run around the house outside as it wasn't practical to have it going through the house. I ordered the Harvi to send the grid info wirelessly.
I got the Harvi detected and wasn't caught out by having to do the extra setup bit on the Zappi that doesn't seem to be in the manual. ( Selecting the Harvi and setting it to CT1 and Grid )

The thing is it's not as accurate as it was when it was hard wired at reading Import and Export ( Surplus ) to and from the Grid. I can cross reference this data with the Solar Edge Monitoring software. Worse still, when plugged into the Vehicle on Eco or Eco+ the charge varies wildly between 1.4 to 6.7 kW and does not seem to reflect surplus at all.

I initially also had the other CT hard wired from my Solar to CT2 on the Zappi to read the generation but this was even worse on the Zappi, it seemed to read that double the generation was always going to the grid as surplus.

First things forst. Anyone have the Harvi sending the grid info to the Zappi ?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I have been told that the communication issues when using the Harvi are being fixed with a major firmware update due out when the hub and app are released, which I've been told should be ready for September!

Do you still have the cables in place so you could have it hard wired until the update is released?

I don't use a Harvi, but have 2 zappis and an Eddi and they lose signal between each other sometimes. I only have grid monitoring to CT 1 on one of the Zappis and the others work from that, so similar to using the Harvi.
I have mentioned various issues and have been told that are all known issues that are being sorted with the new firmware, so hopefully it is all going to be up and running soon.
One is that the Zappis seem to leave quite a margin, about 500W, exporting all the time now and that doesn't get used by the eddi. It sounds like it's even worse using the Harvi. They are consistent between the two zappis though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been told that the communication issues when using the Harvi are being fixed with a major firmware update due out when the hub and app are released, which I've been told should be ready for September!

Do you still have the cables in place so you could have it hard wired until the update is released?

I don't use a Harvi, but have 2 zappis and an Eddi and they lose signal between each other sometimes. I only have grid monitoring to CT 1 on one of the Zappis and the others work from that, so similar to using the Harvi.
I have mentioned various issues and have been told that are all known issues that are being sorted with the new firmware, so hopefully it is all going to be up and running soon.
One is that the Zappis seem to leave quite a margin, about 500W, exporting all the time now and that doesn't get used by the eddi. It sounds like it's even worse using the Harvi. They are consistent between the two zappis though.
Thanks for that, I'll put the cable back in place for now I suppose. How exactly does one update the firmware ?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
You have to contact myenergi and they sent you a box that does the update.
If you decide to buy the new hub so you can have remote monitoring then that will automatic keep everything up to date for you, or that's my understanding of it.
If you are finding it a pain at the moment I'd give them a ring and see if they're are any updates that will help now. I've found emailing customer support doesn't always get a response,unless it's only my emails that don't seem to make it through the customer support.
Once you're in contact with them they are very helpful

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decided to just hard wire it again. Worked perfectly right away so decided to chance it and reconnect the other CT back to the solar generation and that works now too. I know I don't need this for it to work properly but now I have the full graphic to show friends and visitors :)
Upshot is I have one Harvi going cheap, one careful ( if disgruntled ) owner :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the Harvi detected and wasn't caught out by having to do the extra setup bit on the Zappi that doesn't seem to be in the manual. ( Selecting the Harvi and setting it to CT1 and Grid )
Hi,
I appreciate it’s a while ago, but do you remember what the missing instructions are please? I’ve added a Harvi to my Zappi but can’t associate it with the Zappi’s CT2.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts