Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing settings today on my 22KW Q210 2013 zoe and in the EVC computer settings the HV traction batteries Cooling seemed to be set to cooling by PAC - I can only think PAC stands for Passive Air Conditioning , in which case that most probably means just cooled down by ambient air by just a fan? ... or if it does mean Passive then not even a fan.

well I have just thrown caution to the wind and changed that setting to 'Cooling by HVAC' because I thought if i were to charge at 43kw AC on a hot day to cool the traction batteries down it would most probably have to be done by chilled air .

I dont know if I should leave it as cooling by HVAC or by PAC - anyone know for certain?

·
Registered
Zoe R110
424 Posts
Is it an option that can be changed by the car depending on temps? No point dragging the AC on if it's only a bit warm.
I think my car demands the battery to be cooled by AC when it charging and the temp is above 30c (ish) below that it's just the fan. I guess you can test it out though at lower temps.

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Zoe Devotee
9,266 Posts
Oh dear. So the Zoe charges best when its battery is pretty toasty. Best not mess about with settings next time.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,266 Posts
Telling Andy to not mess around with settings is like telling the sun to not rise in the east! :LOL:
I just always get this kinda vibe from his posts where its all Rainbows and Unicorns when he makes a uninformed random change in tools that can brick his car....... and then disappointment when he proves himself correct and bricks his car. :ROFLMAO: At least when I worked on hacks for the Zoe I only shared my successes. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: rossnruss

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,616 Posts
Is it an option that can be changed by the car depending on temps? No point dragging the AC on if it's only a bit warm.
I think my car demands the battery to be cooled by AC when it charging and the temp is above 30c (ish) below that it's just the fan. I guess you can test it out though at lower temps.
This is entirely correct.

<sarcasm>As usual, Sandy is completely wrong and a wimp on top of that. I know far better what system settings are the best for my car</sarcasm>
All in good and gentle spirit of course. I do like to tinker!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts