Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
OPEL CORSA e
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have my Zoe a year, 2019 model, and while overall, it has been so easy to run, i do find Renault in general poor.
lights are poor, wipers are poor, radio very bad, fades in and out. screen washer barely makes it to the windshield.
anyway, after 22k miles, i have lost 3% battery capacity, is that expected for the milage?

cheers in advance.
p:sleep:

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
Yes, not bad at all. Shows it hasn’t been rapid charged in warm weather.

Lights will always be crap. They’re much better on the ZE50.

Wipers were always OK - maybe change the blades. They don’t get changed on a service, I think.

Never had an issue with the radio. Maybe check the aerial?

·
Registered
OPEL CORSA e
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY, That is good to know , yes i try to look after the battery and charge when warmed up in winter, but not so in summer.
will look at the ZE50 later in year , see what Renault have to offer. overall i would prefer the new leaf anyway, zoe is too small.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How are you measuring the loss of capacity? Are you using Canze with the OBD dongle?

·
Registered
OPEL CORSA e
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What’s the story with not rapid charging in warm weather?
excess heat can cause strain on the batteries, air cooled but it can only do so much.
liquid cooling like in kona and the new corsa should be better?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
524 Posts
Hi all,
I have my Zoe a year, 2019 model, and while overall, it has been so easy to run, i do find Renault in general poor.
lights are poor, wipers are poor, radio very bad, fades in and out. screen washer barely makes it to the windshield.
anyway, after 22k miles, i have lost 3% battery capacity, is that expected for the milage?
I changed my light bulbs for Philips Racing Vision - definite improvement, at the expense of a shorter bulb life.
Wipers have been fine, though the auto function can be a bit hit and miss.
Radio is fine on FM, digital cuts out in a few black spots in our area.
Screen jet is fine, I adjusted the nozzles to hit the windscreen higher up.
My Zoe is a March 2018 ZE40, 14,000 miles, and has also lost 3%

·
Registered
OPEL CORSA e
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I changed my light bulbs for Philips Racing Vision - definite improvement, at the expense of a shorter bulb life.
Wipers have been fine, though the auto function can be a bit hit and miss.
Radio is fine on FM, digital cuts out in a few black spots in our area.
Screen jet is fine, I adjusted the nozzles to hit the windscreen higher up.
My Zoe is a March 2018 ZE40, 14,000 miles, and has also lost 3%
Might adjust the nozzles this weekend on the wiper jets.
I have replaced wiper blades and lights, but to no improvement.
i might drop it to the dealer to see if the fading in and out of the speakers is an easy fix.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts
If you want good bulbs in Zoe try Ultras. You can get them on ebay, only £10 a pair, and before you think these will be rubbish I tested them back to back with Night breakers and aftermarket HIDs. I'd say they proved better than the NBs and not far off the HIDS. Really decent pool of light and very white.

Reactions: paulBzoe
1 - 12 of 12 Posts