Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
almost at the point of moving from Golf GTE to ZE 50 . Aiming for Iconic R110, Winter and Parking packs, Titanium grey.
who is doing good deals at the moment? I'm after either simply lowest spend to get to outright ownership . Either cash purchase, or would use a PCP where there is a high incentive dealer / mfr contribution - I will clear it within a month or two if so.
ta
Ian

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've also had a good deal come through for the Riviera from carwow. Visited the dealer to discuss p\x and quite frankly, it was an insult. Over 2.5k less then than basic p\x value according to Autotrader and over 4k less then a private sale. Similar cars on AT are anywhere between 8k with higher miles and 12k with low miles at a dealer.

Anyway, with little time to make a private sale, it looks like a non starter. I have had a couple of calls from a private number but couldn't get to the phone, so with no message left, not sure if it's the dealer following up.

Needless to say, not too keen on a conversation as they are so far away on p\x. Didn't even ask me what I was expecting for it at the time, just gave me a number.

Back to the thread though, there are still some decent deals to be had, especially on the Riviera if that floats your boat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dont give up p\x values are increasing every day, but take care with Webuyanycar they quote high and then pick at everything.
I think that's what's riled me to be fair.

Prices are really on the up. It's a one owner Zoe, no lease, still in warranty (not that the dealer asked) 9 out of 10 condition wise. A really easy sell, especially with a petrol shortage.

Maybe it's part of their strategy, but if they had been a bit more realistic to start with, we might have struck a deal by now.

They specifically asked if we could do a deal before the end of the month, which was possible, but only if the px was right and it currently isn't.

What makes it worse is it's not that I need a new Zoe, it's just a nice thing to have so unless the price is very much in my favour, I'll be sticking with what I have.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,109 Posts
I think that's what's riled me to be fair.

Prices are really on the up. It's a one owner Zoe, no lease, still in warranty (not that the dealer asked) 9 out of 10 condition wise. A really easy sell, especially with a petrol shortage.

Maybe it's part of their strategy, but if they had been a bit more realistic to start with, we might have struck a deal by now.

They specifically asked if we could do a deal before the end of the month, which was possible, but only if the px was right and it currently isn't.

What makes it worse is it's not that I need a new Zoe, it's just a nice thing to have so unless the price is very much in my favour, I'll be sticking with what I have.
Have you tried WBAC for your old car?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Have you tried WBAC for your old car?
Also any EV specific dealers? They have provided me decent quotes in the past.

As long as you can agree a good discount on the car you are buying, where you sell\trade your existing car is neither here nor there (other than it can mean a gap between trading in your current car and picking up your new car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've not tried to get a value from anywhere else.

My heart isn't 100% set on swapping so I haven't been to the effort.

I just thought I'd try the dealer and if they made a fair offer to make things a bit simpler, the deal could be done. I understand that are never going to be the best with px, but they're nowhere near, so I'm taking that as a sign to stay as I am.

I think....

:unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
WBAC, honestly just do the online thing and see if the value matches your expectations. If it does you can do the deal within the hour, I found them to be reasonable and they actually increased the value of the car when we were there.

Just singned a deal through carwow on a GTline, very happy with the price and this one dealer was streets ahead of the others, even though the others assured me they were doing a great deal!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
215 Posts
May I ask, what prices are people considering a good deal nowadays? I’ve had a look at CarWow but can’t seem to find anything looking really great…

·
Registered
11 Posts
I second or third the carwow recommendations. Took delivery of my Zoe GT Line in flame red on Wednesday. The rapid charge is great. I did a lease and got a great deal as they were pre reg 21 plates with zero miles. Looks to be some good deals on PCP as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, let me put the carwow thing differently then because I think we both have different ideas on deals currently showing a 28% discount on rrp which is the best I have seen and far better than the walk in to renualt price. I don't know how much they used to be, just basing this on the fact I am looking for the best I can do now.

I have a Zoe as a lender while my Tesla is being fixed and am so impressed with it, my wifes corsa was coming up for needing chaging and we've decided a Zoe Gtline will be perfect for her. Going fully electric :)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
215 Posts
Fair enough, I’ve been monitoring Zoe prices for a few months (once I can charge at home, I’ll want to switch from Onto to a lease/PCP) and I think there used to be better deals around - but of course that might have been before the full extent of the chip shortage, and its effect on prices, became clear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts