Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

The "Battery Charge Level & Estimated Range" Indicator in ZE Services has stopped working for me since yesterday (Midday 6 October). Neither the ZE App, nor the online service are able to tell me my charge level any more. I think at one point the online portal complained of a server error.

Has anyone else seen this? Or is it just me? I'm a newcomer to the Zoe, so not sure if this is a standard maintenance kind of thing, or an indicator something isn't right with Zoes magical onlinery?

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I just logged in and all is ok on mine.

When you log in to ZE services click on your VIN at top of page and scroll down, under 'Driving Mode' is it 'Activated' if not turn it back on.

Reactions: Skeewiff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mo.

It was indeed still activated. Everything seemed to be set up correctly. However, requesting for status updates would fail, with possible reasons cited as "Your vehicle is out of reach, Off, or an error occurred in the data center".

Nevertheless, I managed to fix it, by repeating the "Data Sharing" troubleshooting process, that I had been given by R-Link support to get the whole thing rolling in the first place. Here is the process, in case anyone else comes across this in the future.

Data Sharing process -
Turn the car engine on > go to Menu > Services > Settings > Data Sharing Settings > say NO > turn R-Link and engine off > exit car and close car door > wait 5 minutes.
Turn engine and R-Link back on > go to Menu > Services > Settings > Data Sharing Settings > say YES.

I was impatient and only waited a minute or so. Still worked. hehe.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,442 Posts
Thats the process Renault R-link Support publish? Well it's safe to say we've had an R-link spy on here, expect all the great hacks we've published to either be passed off as "fixes" through official channels or closed off with "mandatory updates" soon.

Reactions: Skeewiff

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yup, that's the same method I was given by Renault CS to try and get our TCU connected..

·
R240
348 Posts
Data Sharing process -
Turn the car engine on > go to Menu > Services > Settings > Data Sharing Settings > say NO > turn R-Link and engine off > exit car and close car door > wait 5 minutes.
Turn engine and R-Link back on > go to Menu > Services > Settings > Data Sharing Settings > say YES.

I was impatient and only waited a minute or so. Still worked. hehe.
I had the "Server Error" message when trying to turn on charge scheduling. This reset got it working again for me.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
How did you get on?

Because mine's not connecting and they've suggested a dealer visit...
Well, sometime it works and other times not. So I tend to just do a fuse reset for the TCU. It is fuse F31, 10A second up, second from left in the glove box fuse board. If you do it, try and use long nose pliers rather than the stupid fuse puller on the fuse cover as it is (very easily!) possible to drop the fuse down the back of the dash...

I have to do this every two to 3 months; crazy I know, but the services stop working and this sorts it.

Reactions: john_mmm

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ah, thanks. Tried that a few times already.

Seems like it's been disconnected since its 3rd birthday in December and early July when I noticed.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Ah, thanks. Tried that a few times already.

Seems like it's been disconnected since its 3rd birthday in December and early July when I noticed.
Ok, if its three years then disconnected, its sounds more like you're services have expired. You could try logging into ZE Services and going to the VIN bit of your car and turning Connected Car back on..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeah, I re-subcribed as directed by the online chat. But it hasn't sprung into life yet. I was wondering whether the SIM has died.

Annoying as our Go tariff has just gone live. Sod's law.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yeah, I re-subcribed as directed by the online chat. But it hasn't sprung into life yet. I was wondering whether the SIM has died.

Annoying as our Go tariff has just gone live. Sod's law.
If you've re-subscribed, have you turned 'driving mode' back on in ZE Services?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ok, I think I remember seeing it as 'being activated...' but it was just checked as deactivated. That might be because Renault have been poking around.

I've just flicked it back. I'll try the old data sharing switch trick again when I get in the car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, sometime it works and other times not. So I tend to just do a fuse reset for the TCU. It is fuse F31, 10A second up, second from left in the glove box fuse board. If you do it, try and use long nose pliers rather than the stupid fuse puller on the fuse cover as it is (very easily!) possible to drop the fuse down the back of the dash...

I have to do this every two to 3 months; crazy I know, but the services stop working and this sorts it.

Thanks for that, repeating what I posted in another thread here.

Just did the same, pulled then replaced Fuse 31, and that's sorted it too, thanks all.

As an aside the fuses in the Zoe are a pain to get into aren't they!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Same thing happened to me again, hadn't updated since the end of August and I hadn't got round to "fixing" it.

Just happened to double check today on the app, and low and behold it was working again, showing current charge status.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
787 Posts
My App has stopped working as well today, strangely I can still log into Z.E. services through a web browser and start pre-heating the car and checking state of charge. The App says it needs updating from the App Store but there isn’t any new updates! Same on my wife’s phone, we’re both on iPhones if it makes any difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts