Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had anyone seen a charge curve graph for the ZE40 charging on AC? I plugged into a 22 kW post maybe 45 minutes ago with my battery around 35-40% after driving down to London from near Peterborough. I've been sitting here reading a book and I watched my battery shoot up surprisingly quickly (got to 80% within 30 minutes) but now it seems to have slowed down greatly (only 5% in the last 15 minutes). Is this normal behaviour for the ZE40? I'm sharing the post with a Model 3 but that has been here for awhile.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Had anyone seen a charge curve graph for the ZE40 charging on AC? I plugged into a 22 kW post maybe 45 minutes ago with my battery around 35-40% after driving down to London from near Peterborough. I've been sitting here reading a book and I watched my battery shoot up surprisingly quickly (got to 80% within 30 minutes) but now it seems to have slowed down greatly (only 5% in the last 15 minutes). Is this normal behaviour for the ZE40? I'm sharing the post with a Model 3 but that has been here for awhile.
On a 22kW (MER) post mine charges about 1% per minute (I timed it) up to 85% (air temp 25C) and then drops off to about half that to 90% with only me on the post. Quite normal behaviour. I don't know above 90% because I use my 7kW home charger most of the time and only the 22kW posts to go from 30%-80% for longer journeys which is not very often.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
579 Posts
That seems very similar to my 2018 ZE40, from your quoted SOC I get to full charge plus balancing in under two hours on a 22kW post. I also find the quoted time left to full charge drops off a lot towards the end.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That seems very similar to my 2018 ZE40, from your quoted SOC I get to full charge plus balancing in under two hours on a 22kW post. I also find the quoted time left to full charge drops off a lot towards the end.
It certainly that ties in with a test I did last week at 15C. This is the charging curve I got from a 22kW MER post with no sharing. My charge started at about 30% so I have just filled in the line for values lower than that which I think is valid to give the correct total time. So from 30% to 100% (on the dashboard) took 150-30=120 minutes with the power falling off very rapidly to 2kW and then zero. I could use this curve to calculate the charge time between two charge levels (%) but it isn't far off 1% per minute in the early stages and 1% for every two minutes at 95%. The steps in the power are because I was only monitoring the charge at 5 minute intervals or thereabouts.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts