Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
8,736 Posts
From the video I saw, Bjorn tested it at around 2oC ambient. Whatever, will have to see what ours says it has once we get it, provided CanZE will still work with the ZE50..
He did 2 videos, one was a few weeks before the one your quoting and his results were very similar in calculation of usable capacity.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ok. In this video, Zoe vs Ioniq, he starts charging Zoe at 10% SOC. The data screen disappears once Zoe has charged to 90% SOC, at which point he's added 42.9kWh using DC fast charger. So an 80% charge required 42.9kWh, which means 100% would be almost 53kWh. I don't know what the losses are using DC, but understand they're much lower than with AC and he didn't have the heating on, cos in the related video he couldn't work out how to do it.

Something doesn't add up in the maths somewhere. Even if it had been at almost 11% and the 90 nearly 91%, it still means over 52kWh for 100%.

As before, we'll just have to wait until April(ish) to see what sort of capacity the new car has.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Do you know if anyone has tried it, or have Renault changed the system with this revision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Do you know if anyone has tried it, or have Renault changed the system with this revision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will at DSG tried it IIRC, didn't work :(

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,390 Posts
I have tried it. They changed something, probably now just a dedicated bus to the diag plug, not the general ("V") CANbus. If true we need to "tease" that gateway in letting us in.

·
Registered
853 Posts
To add to the data, did a SOH check this morning as we turned 20,000 miles last week. 12oC
pack temperature, 100% charge, SOH now 96% with 37.4kWh available. Registered end of March ‘18..

301 - 307 of 307 Posts