Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 277 Posts

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
I was going to say LOL

Aww I wanted to plug it in when I get my new car too!

·
Registered
754 Posts
At 103% when new I did see 41kWh but now at 99% SOH todays reading was 40kWh, I have seen lower as well, seems to depend on recent driving style, maybe temps etc.

Todays screenshot …

View attachment 103858
Thanks Mo. I think ours was only at 101% SOH new, I need to check my screen grabs to be sure. Even then I think it only showed 40kWh. We’ve done 4.5k so far. Range is great, we did Cambridge to Leeds non-stop on Tuesday with 25 miles left remaining. It’s just be good to know how far one can push it when it’s getting low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,239 Posts
:ROFLMAO: Nah, @yoh-there will confirm canZE and the ZE40 are not totally compatible, some figures are spurious.
Like the temps at the bottom of that screenshot. All the important info is accurate though (y)

Think my mileage is 8000+
Confirmed, but it usually comes out of the fog when you "unstart" the car. Too complicated to explain. Let's just say it's the dongle even if we said to buy a KONNWEI

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You've had quite a quick drop, mine was around 14 months before it was down to 99% on ~ 8000+ miles IIRC.
ZE40 battery SoH

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,680 Posts
Boo. 99% now. 3576 miles.

Car 102% at new 03/01/18.
How do you generally charge your car, out of interest?

I mean, do you generally use the power in the battery until empty then charge fully, or do you generally keep her topped up, so she's nearly always full?

Also, what type of EVSE do you mostly use?

·
Registered
485 Posts
How do you generally charge your car, out of interest?

I mean, do you generally use the power in the battery until empty then charge fully, or do you generally keep her topped up, so she's nearly always full?

Also, what type of EVSE do you mostly use?
It's mainly from home Chargemaster 7kW.

I generally keep her around 30 - 80% (unless going on a longer journey when I charge to 100%, hardly ever below 20%. 10 days ago was the lowest I've been, down to 8%.

She either potters around town or once a month or two goes to destinations 100 - 200 miles away when I use EH 22 and 50 kW (or whatever) chargers and 3-pin sockets when I've reached my destination.

I don't know whether 22 kW charging in the summer when the battery was 35 - 40 Celsius affected it.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I use 22kW charge posts most of the time.
while charging with the hot battery were the fans running?

·
Registered
94 Posts
99% at 10,000 miles R90 ZE40 started at 102% on the lot. That took about 4 months since new averaging about 100miles a day during the week + weekend journeys of various lengths.

Charges from ~35/40% to 100% every night using 7kw charger with a few rare 22kw charges thrown in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's mainly from home Chargemaster 7kW.

I generally keep her around 30 - 80% (unless going on a longer journey when I charge to 100%, hardly ever below 20%. 10 days ago was the lowest I've been, down to 8%.

She either potters around town or once a month or two goes to destinations 100 - 200 miles away when I use EH 22 and 50 kW (or whatever) chargers and 3-pin sockets when I've reached my destination.

I don't know whether 22 kW charging in the summer when the battery was 35 - 40 Celsius affected it.
I suspect if the battery got a few 5% to 100% charges it might look better, having said that its 9 months old and time plays a part as well.

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
994 miles and 101%

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,239 Posts
That is only partly true. It's a combination of age, cycles, average depth of each cycle, time battery spends on the highest voltage it can handle. Add to that the position of the planets when it was manufactured, local earth ray intensity and then some. NOTHING with batteries is simple, intuitive or straightforward.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just under 33k 20 months and hit 95% soh. Looks like the decline is staying steady. At this rate 75% at 165k... Not too bad

161 - 180 of 277 Posts