Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had renewal notice from Churchill which is £50 more than last year, about a 25% increase on monthly payments. Before I do the (tedious) comparisons is anyone else seeing this level of increase with other companies?

Did notice that I have legal assistance up to £100,000 (premium £28) which I also have with my house insurance so can maybe lose that.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Renewal notices are always more. That's how they get you.

I would shop around then phone them and ask them to match your quote.

Worked for me last year.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,470 Posts

I would shop around then phone them and ask them to match your quote.

Worked for me last year.
I had to do this every year with Hastings. Annoying.

I then noticed Aviva have a renewal price guarantee (and you can pay monthly without any interest), so hopefully it means less time wasted going forward..

·
Registered
115 Posts
There has been a rebalancing generally in lay few years, and last year there was a tax increase too.
I quite often find I can find my current supplier (admiral) are cheaper for new customers, quote their own deal over the phone back to them, then they give me that.
Waste of time every year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
In September we paid Saga £358 for fully comprehensive for our 2018 ZE40 Signature Nav, the quote from Pluginsure was over £2,000!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Curiously we've had a few renewals in the last few years with our two vehicles that have actually been cheaper than anything else I can find, or at least competitive enough to be not worth the hassle of switching. This never used to be the case before, renewals were always stupid, but less so recently. No idea why...

·
Registered
197 Posts
to me is always cheaper to just re-compare and make a new policy. often with the same insurance ( they usually give you the option to match the online quote on renewal to save you the hassle of quitting/rejoining)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Our renewal with Direct line has gone up 36% over last year's premium. No changes, apart from us being a year older, wiser and even less likely to have an accident.. Will probably move away from them as we're thinking of adding the kids onto the Zoe's insurance and as the agent I spoke to today from DL said "We have a company-wide policy not to insure that make and model for anyone under 21 years of age."

The renewal is still under £400 just for my wife and I. PlugInsure wanted over £1600, so they can jog on.

Admiral will cover the kids too, so reckon we'll probably go to them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Aviva were £1 under my last years premium to renew, so I stayed! My premium is only just over £200 for me and my wife anyway, so very happy with that (y):)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all. I've obtained quotes from Pluginsure and Aviva and they are both around what I'm currently paying although I've not gone for legal assistance. I'll check out Admiral and LV too.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes, its amazing the range. We've always paid under £400 a year for both the Zoes we've owned, in inner city Leeds, so it is higher theft risk perhaps. PlugInsure have always quoted way over the odds for us, around 4x the premium for Direct Line or Admiral.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Whereas Directline was £100 more for me.

The cost of the brand new Zoe was pretty much the same as my previous 15 year old Focus. Go figure!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, Admiral were much more expensive, but LV are in the lead at the moment and it's an EV policy covering charge cables, point, recovery etc. I know I have recovery with the Zoe battery lease already but the policy is about £100 less than Churchill, paying monthly at just over £200 total.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I will be going down the comparison site route tomorrow. General Accident have put my quote up £70 to £450 for my 2014 Q210 with a maximum no claims for me. Presumably there has been some theft going on near me, either that or they are really trying it on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts