Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I am a stinky ox.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out for a trip the other day to enjoy the last bit of summer, drove to my destination listening to the radio, lovely. Had a nice day out. Then upon getting in the car to head home noticed the radio wasn't on.

Further fiddling established that not only was the radio not on, also none of the radio controls worked at all (bringing up the radio controls on the touchscreen showed all controls dimmed and unresponsive). Altering the volume with the physical knob showed a bar graph being adjusted but no sound was heard at all. Station couldn't be changed in the display.

Also the phone would connect via Bluetooth but no audio would come out if attempting to play music through the car speakers, the reversing sensor bleeps are no longer audible, and the sat nav voice directions cannot be heard.

I've tried rebooting rlink no end of times, factory reset, always comes up in the same state.

Anyone had similar issues and can suggest aught that I might do to fix it? It's rather a pain in the tits.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I had the same "no audio" issue with my ZE40 during lockdown and despite trying all tips in forums (including disconnecting 12V battery for an hour) I couldn't get it working.

After lockdown I managed to get a Renault service appointment. After messing about for a few days, they decided to replace the radio unit to fix.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,101 Posts
Worth checking for blown fuses just in case. Best to get Renault to sort it out under warranty as soon as possible really.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Worth checking for blown fuses just in case. Best to get Renault to sort it out under warranty as soon as possible really.
Certainly check, but there is only one fuse for the infotainment system (which I removed to try and fix) so unlikely to be that.

Reactions: srichards
1 - 4 of 4 Posts